Chapter 7: We're On The Road

It was a windy day, the trees were blowing furiously, but I was just sitting outside my cabin, my hands shaking.

It was the day...

I had been waiting for Chiron for ages.

And I quickly assumed he wasn't coming until he cantered around the corner...

He was walking with Ryan, Percy and Grover.

"Excuse me, Miss. Noelle?!"

"Yeah?" I replied back.

"We've been looking for you for a very long time!" He emphazised on very, looking very displeased with me.

"Didn't think to look at the Aphrodite cabin, did we?!" I snapped, feeling grouchy today.

"Not exactly." Percy added. "But thats not the point!"

"We need to go, like now.." Grover added on, everybody nodded in sync, excluding me.

I infact, was sitting there with my arms folded like a little child.

"You're coming! You're vital in this quest." Chiron said.

After pleading and begging, I finally gave in and so carelessly got up and started walking with them.

Suddenly, I felt something drop into my hand harshly. I turned around to see Ryan. "Have your dumb friendship bracelet back..."

"But Ryan..."

"I don't want to hear anymore... I've protected you for so long and loved you for a very long time to only find out that you like me as only a best friend and nothing more or less?" He turned away, then turned back to me, I saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes.

"Its.. just because..." I started, thinking of a way to lie. "I-I love somebody else!"

I knew quickly it was the wrong thing to say, and I quickly regretted it.

"Who?"

"None of your business!" I snapped.

"Don't tell me then, don't tell your best friend!"

"You gave me back the friendship bracelet, you are nothing but a stranger now." I said, clenching my fists and breaking the old bracelet into seperate beads. "Proves it."

"You're crazy!" He yelled at me.

"You're a dumbass!"

"Go! Just go!" I heard loud breaths from Chiron, he was angry... He pushed us off, with only tickets, some drachmas and a backpack containing all armor and gear.

It was time...

Time to face the world...

The outside felt nice, it felt nice to be outside for once.

I remember walking here when I was only 10, and I remember walking there with a good friend Leah.

She was an Apollo girl, she loved archery and singing.

She was also a good poet.

She came from around the East-midlands section of England, not exactly close to where I lived.

She had blonde hair, and grey eyes. She also owned a pair of purple nerdish glasses. I jokingly called her 4 eyes, she didn't find it very funny...

She well... got killed at the end of the road.

The minotaur, was sent for me, which is what Chiron said, and instead it caught her.

Her twin sister still lives in grief.

Anyway, I got dragged into a coach, which was not even occupied except from the bus driver.

"Ava, you need to leave..." Was the voice I heard in my head.

I definitely knew it was my mother...

But I refused to obey her...

I frowned, trying to remove the thoughs.

I sat down, grumbling to myself slightly, even though I was pleased I got a seat to myself.

I started thinking about things, about my life, about my friends, about my past. I felt tears coming out of my eyes, I never cried, I rarely cried, which is why I was confused when I cried in my sleep.

I started to realise...

My life was screwed up...

And this was only the start...