The Future of Aphrodite's Daughter

Hello. I'm Carmen, and when I was 11 I wrote a story called "Aphrodite's Daughter" due to an obsession with the Percy Jackson series. And I enjoyed writing it, and soon enough 10 reads turned in to 10,000 and 10,000 in to 20,000 and so forth. And I was receiving votes and comments, people shipping my characters. And the story has been inactive for a year and a half, and to this day I still get reads and votes and once in a while I will receive comments telling me to update.

The truth is, I dislike writing this story. It was a small project and honestly the end goal was to have Ava and Percy together and Ryan would die in some tragic accident, and then there would be another problem leading up to a sequel for the series.

However, I quickly found that with the stress of joining secondary school and the fact that I was dealing with some problems that I didn't have enough drive to write a story that I didn't enjoy anymore. As I said in an authors note - I have to enjoy writing it for you to enjoy reading it.

I have advanced in my literature skills and for the story to make sense I would keep having to write in the style of an 11 year old, meaning I would slowly get used to a less advanced style of writing. I am 14 years old, and I am realising that I don't want to write a story which in fact to me makes no sense.

I'm sorry, there are no future plans to continue this story.

But, I'm giving an offer to whoever feels like they want to continue this story.

I'm going to either give my account to somebody willing to continue this story and finish what I started, or I'm giving everyone free reign to take the chapters I have already started and use them and then make your own works with them.

Now, I say goodbye to Ava

To Ryan

To Cormac

To Grover

To Percy

And most importantly, Aphrodite's Daughter.

Thank you for the support, and I loved writing this when my heart was in it. And I will continue to love this story for what it is, something that was a part of my life.

I'm sorry for not finishing something that you guys love but sadly, it is what it is.

- c.b