Chapter 2: Best Brother

I stanced, with my sword held firmly in my two hands. I stared the dummy in its painted ink eyes, and gave it a snarky look.

I slashed the sword across the dummies stomach, then piercing the sword through where its heart should be. Then I screamed some battle cries, everybody needs battle cries...

I carried on slashing, piercing, fighting, screaming, yelling, dodging until I had nearly reached my end "Carry on! Carry on Ava!" I could hear friendly encouragement from a direction, I smiled evily, like I was actually fighting someone, and if I was fighting someone, the preffered person would be Percy Jackson.

Soon enough, I had finished my training. I heard applauses and cheering. I turned around, and bowed, milking this moment of glory. My cheeks found themself spreading apart when I saw who had been nearing me on the whole time.

Ryan Underwood, my half brother. He had the darkest green eyes, somewhat mysterious, and he had the floppiest curliest hair I had ever seen on a boy. I admit it, my brother was hot, but I'm not one for incest..

He had been my best brother, ever since I had arrived at Camp Half Blood. He guided me through everything, like boy problems (I always had them!) and he helped me when I was fighting. We were best friends, and we stuck together like glue.

Unlike me, Ryan loved himself and was very vain. He was a player (as was I, all Aphrodite's kids are) a really bad one at that. Every day he would have another girlfriend.

But that was him, I wouldn't change him for the world.

He put out his fist, and I quickly made my fist dive into his. I loved respects with Ryan, they were the only thing that made me believe I was 'human', which I was most certainly not.

"Hey hottie." Ryan would smirk.

"Who are you going out with now?" I questioned him.

"Uh, well. Keira Emmonds.." I couldn't believe my ears, she was the daughter of Hera, the goddess of marriage, mothers and families.

"Good luck breaking up with her, she'll be hinting getting knocked up every 5 seconds of the days you go out together." I joked, nudging his shoulder playfully.

"Oh god, I never thought of that!" He cursed, with a worried look plastered all over his gentle pale face.

"Ah, it doesn't matter. All that matters is you're alive, here, with me." I smile, pulling him into a giant hug.

"I wont be if Keira has anything to do with it." He shook his head.

"She won't have anything to do with it, you hear me?! I'll slice her in two if she even lays a sly finger on you." I said, like a protective mother.

"Anyway, whats with you and the new kid, uh.. Peter Johnson?" He stood there, incorrect in his words.

"Its Percy Jackson. And I hate him, he's the complete opposite to me." I sighed, running a spare hand through my hair.

"Opposites attract.." He said, before walking away off to our cabin.

"What do you mean?! RYAN, YOU'RE MENT TO BE MY BEST BROTHER!" I called out to him, as he proceeded walking away from me.

Ethan Redknot, a son of Hephaetus, and my current boyfriend, suddenly walked up to me, clearly being worried about my bawling and shouting. "Hey babe, what the heck is going on?"

"Nothing. Ethan... I need to talk to you..." I started, I didn't like dumping people, I didn't like breaking peoples heart. I feared myself, I feared how I could casually break up with someone and walk away like it was nothing and just move on so quickly.

"Go ahead, babe." His words made me shiver, and it wasn't even cold.

"I'm dumping you." I quickly spat out. His face was just, blank and cold, full of no expression.

"How? We've only been going out for a day!" He spoke.

"I just can't be assed with you." I harshly said, then picking a pace up and walking off.

Somebody stops me, and that somebody is... Percy Jackson...

"That was one of the most devistatingly evil things I've ever witnessed, ever." He carried on talking, before I hushed him.

"Get lost, loser." I insulted him, wanting him to leave ever so desperatly.

"Not until you admit that you're a bitch."

"What?!" I replied, sounding surprised. He nudged me with his skinny arm, I cursed at him. "I'm a bitch, there I said it!"

Finally, after many times of saying I'm a bitch. Percy finally decided to clear off, to my annoyance his cabin was kind of near mine.

I got back into my cabin, and flopped onto my soft bottom bunk bed.

Percy Jackson was one demanding kid, and that is something I wont tolerate.

Percy Jackson, I'll defeat the hell out of you tommorow...