Chapter 9: I hate My Father

A/N: Author notes are not my thing so I certainly won't do one that covers the friggin' page. Anyway, I'm not a vote/comment/read whore I'm just going to ask you for one favour, tell your friends and family and fellow Wattpad-ers about my story. I'm not going to be like: If I don't get INSERT NUMBER HERE votes/comments/reads I wont update my story until it happens. I'm just asking you politely to push me into updating this story.

"Love is in the air! Do do do do do do. Love is in the air!" The male on the song belted out the words, I felt my cheeks burn red as this song played.

I wasn't even dating Grover, that was the worst part..

"Love is not in the air!" Ryan shouted, directing his words at me.

I sighed, this was going to be a long trip... A long trip indeed.

Me and Ryan have gone from best friends...

To complete strangers.

All in a few foolish days.

I scowled, staring in awe at the big red hearts and cupid's dangling from the wall, of course they were fake, I mean, my mother is the only matchmaker ever to be known.

The boat glided along the red water, which was of course food colouring. "Where the hell is this key Chiron told us about?" I said, leaning over the boat.

I was clumsy, and I was unfortunate enough to lean over so much I fell into the water.

I found myself unable to get up, hell the water was deep! I looked down, to find my foot trapped inside a pipe.

Then, the water splashed and my heart nearly went into my throat. Suddenly, Percy came swimming towards me.

After lots of pulling, my foot finally came out, but not in a nice state, with bruises, cuts and blood, which was pouring out, it made my foot look horrible.

Percy grabbed me by the waist and pulled me up to dry land, he sat me on the side and dug his hand into the water, cupping some water into his hand, he shifted it over to my foot and poured it onto it. Suddenly, I felt at ease, my pains all going into one big bubble and floating off into the daylight sky.

I looked down to my foot, to see it all intact.

I look to Percy, and gaze in his deep green eyes for a split second. Then, I notice that he knows I'm looking at him, I release my gaze. "Percy, I-I"

"Come on loverbirds!" Grover shouted from the boat.

Did I mention while we were down there we kind of stopped the electrics?

No, I didn't.

"Well done my child, you learnt lesson one, here is your key, use it to get into the gates of your next task." I heard a gentle, smooth like chocolate voice.

I looked down to my hands, and saw it was now filled by a large key, a red one in fact.

"I have it!" I cried out, jumping to my feet like I had nothing wrong with either of my feet. "You are a legend!" I yelled, pulling Percy into a tight hug. I shook my head realising what I had said and I rapidly let go of him. "Of the gay lords." I said awkwardly.

"I'm only trying to tolerate you and your only trying to tolerate me."

"Yeah, and thats how it stays." I nodded in agreement. "But thanks for the foot, it was stinging like a bitch." I jumped into a nearby boat. "Come on!"

Grover jumped back into our boat, and magically the mechanics starting working. "Ava Noelle you will not get the glass heart!" I heard a roar erupting from the roof.

"Quick! Go!" Grover said, handing me a pole, I slid the key into my pocket and glided the pole through the water.

Something triggered in my mind and I suddenly realised...

Percy was the kid that my father talked about when I was 8 or 9.

"Rumor is around that there is a son of Poseidon, I want one of my children to marry him and produce babies. The babies will be very powerful, and I mean very powerful. That  is my lifetime wish..." He started. "He has burning green eyes and a mop of black hair, thats what people have told me anyway." He sighed into the phone. "Bye, bye Dite. There will be one day when I will see you again, and I am praying each and every day until it comes."

Dite? DITE! 

My father was talking to my mother nearly the whole of my childhood.

I felt my anger levels rise, and I forced the pole through the water so forcefully water was going everywhere.

I hate my dad...