Chapter 10: Irish Boy

"Gates? What gates?" Ryan said, looking puzzled.

"Where's the map?!" I called out, rumaging through my bag to find it.

Then, I heard a long and clear burp. "Yum yum, paper!"

I turned around and scrunched my face up to Grover, who was now licking his lips. "You ate our map! You ate our friggin' map!" I yelled. "I'm freezing... I'm wet... And now... I have nowhere to go! Way to go Grover! What happened with the tin cans I gave you?"

"Ryan ate them, all of my tin cans." 

"I did not!"

"You're a dumbass Grover!" I said ferociously.

 "Guys, nobody is even going to address what happened in there?" Percy asked.

"I will get the heart and I'll get it with or without your help!" I grabbed my bag and flung it around my shoulders.

"With." Percy said.

"With." Grover also said.

"I have to come!" Ryan groaned.

"Look Ava, I can make you dry just by doing this." Percy said, stretching his hand out and touching me.

I instantly felt warm, all the freezing feelings had been wiped away.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"Holy cow! You're the son of Poseidon!" Ryan called out, him and Grover burst into a fit of applause and I just stood there.

"I knew that...." I just stood there.

"Lets just go..." Percy suggested as his face reddened.

"Where? Where do we go? We have no map!"

"Just smell the love, as you're so good at it." Ryan said, with his arms folded like a little child.

"Alright." I nodded, then following my senses.

Ryan, Grover and Percy trailed behind me as I turned corners and walked in straight lines.

Suddenly, I banged into something stiff. Quickly, I backed away. A pair of gorgeous ocean blue eyes stared at me. "Have you seen any gates?" Grover questioned.

The boy nodded. "Yeah, a pair of red gates to be exact." His pure Irish accent filled my ears.

"You're from Ireland?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah, I'm guessing your from Yorkshire?" He smiled, his lips spreading apart.

"How'd you guess?" I said, suprised.

"The accent." He smiled once again. "Can I just say you're totally beautiful? I've never seen deep chocolate eyes like yours."

"Lets just get going before you two loverbirds hit it on..." Ryan growled, grabbing my shoulder and failing to drag me along.

"Your coming...." I started.

"Oh, my name is Cormac Saunders. And you?"

"Ava Noelle." I answered. "You're coming with us Cormac."

"He's not coming..." Grover sternly stated. "We don't like your kind, Mr. D gives us enough grief anyway. We don't want a mini him."

"Huh? What?" Asked Cormac, who looked totally bewildered.

"You're Dionysus', the god of wine's son. I can tell because of your piercing blue eyes." Added Ryan.

"Uh... Don't take me back to camp! He'll murder me, he'll brutally murder me!" He panicked, pacing up and down.

"Let him just come." Percy agreed with me.

"Who'll murder you?" Grover questioned.

"Ethan R-redknot." He stuttered, gulping as soon as he said his name.

"Ah don't worry... Ava's been out with him!" Percy pointed to me.

"And millions of other people." Ryan muttered. "Millions but me."

Percy had annoyance in his burning green eyes. "Give it up already. I mean, Ava would choose me any day. She'd never love you! Ever." He snapped at Ryan.

"You're talking about me like I'm a toy! Like I'd hand my heart on a plate to any person!" I bellowed at Percy.

"Give the lass some space." Cormac said.

"He said it." Grover nodded, agreeing with Cormac. "Minus the lass and everything."

"Shut up Grover I'm still mad at you for eating the map!" I turned and spoke through gritted teeth.

"I'm leaving..." Percy stormed off.

"Does that black haired lad love you or somethin'?" Cormac inquired.

"Think about it- he helped you from drowning, he healed you, he came on this quest with you when you didn't even like him and he thinks your beautiful." Grover said in a matter of factly way.

"I admit it, I admit it... I thought he was handsome when I first saw him. But its nothing more. I don't give two hoots if he fancies me I just don't want to establish a relationship with him right now. And yeah I admit, Ryan: I thought you were attractive but I cannot risk breaking my best friends heart. Ryan you mean alot to me and it tears me apart to think that we're fighting just because I don't want to be with you... Besides, you'll always be my brother." I poured all of my heart out.

"I admit it too, I was being immature." Ryan said, trotting towards me. "I just want to be best friends with you, nothing more or nothing less. I will still and always have a grudge with Percy. Even though you may end up dating him one day."

"No I will not!" I protested.

"Lass, denial is the first stage of crushing on a lad." I turned to see Cormac's ocean blue eyes twinkle.

"Eh." I said, bewildered.