35- The Last Chance

All day I resist checking my phone in my lectures

All day I resist checking my phone in my lectures. One half of me expects him to cancel, the other is hoping against hope that I will hear from him, that he will tell me he loves me or something. But there is just silence.

"Lucy!"  One of my friends from my German lectures races after me.

"Maria." I say with a smile as I stop walking and turn to look at her, "how are you?"

"I'm fine." She pants for a moment, "we're all going to 5 Times tonight for a drink and a dance tonight. Do you want to come?"

"Oh, I would love to." I say with an apologetic smile, "but I've got plans with my boyfriend tonight."

"Oh," she looks slightly disappointed, "that's a shame. Well, if anything changes let us know on the group chat, I would love to see you."

She dashes off again before I can reply, making me smile and chuckle. Unable to help myself, I pull my phone out for my pocket, with only two hours to go before Enzo is honest and tells me everything, and so far no new messages.

I dress in a pair of black skinny jeans and a red jumper, red is my go to colour and Enzo seems to like me in it as well.

Standing and then sitting, I walk and pace around the apartment wringing my hands nervously.

Five o'clock ticks by and there is no sign of Enzo. I hadn't expected him to be late after everything he's done and how many chances and apologies I've given him.

I can feel the tendrils of warning, of irritation spiralling through me body. I am no longer Enzo's priority, he no longer respects me as he used to, and I have too much respect for myself to allow him to continue to treat me like this.

In a moment of weakness, my phone buzzes and all I want is for the message to say he's running late, that he's nearly there, that he loves me, but instead I get a cold message.

I have to cancel again sweetheart. I'm sorry.

I feel my heart breaking.

That's it, this is his last chance.

Sighing, I find the group chat Maria mentioned and find the address of the club they invited me to. I'm not just going to spend the evening moping around, especially not when I look as gorgeous as I do today.

Walking back into my room, I swap out the jeans for a black mini skirt and slip on a pair of black strappy sandals.

With my head held high and my broken heart rattling in my chest, I walk from the apartment and slam the door shut behind me.

After waiting in the line for the club for easily an hour, I'm finally let it. I find Maria and my uni friends with ease, she has a rather loud voice and burning auburn hair.

When she sees me, she beams and dashes over.

"Lucy!" She exclaims, "it's so good to see you. But, oh, what about your boyfriend?"