Chapter 7: I Hate This

Eliana was a great addition to the group. We found out that we had some classes with her and I could finally have a friend with me during PE.

Eliana and I had about the worst PE period you could get. Last period.

During the three years that me and my friends have been in high school, we never had anything as bad as this.

Some of you are probably asking yourselves why I hate last period PE.

Well I got a whole list in front of me right now, but I'm only going to name a few.

First off, when it's about that time when everyone is beginning to wear shorts, the weather gets hotter.

When you first get to school, it's probably sunny and not too hot, but by the end of the day your dying. If you have last period PE it's dying times ten.

Second, I just so happen to have a football team at my school. Which means that last period PE, has the whole team doing practice on the football field.

Good thing girls and guys have different PE teachers. That's right girls and guys are separated.

So while guys are out on the football field, us girls are playing soccer or volleyball.

Those two reasons aren't even the worst ones. The worst one is probably known and hated by everyone in the world, that it should win an award.

Two words.

Running laps.

Who doesn't hate doing these things?! If people actually like running laps, then girl something's wrong with you.

I'm not saying I'm not athletic, I just really hate running.

I was happy that we didn't have to run laps today. Instead we were out on the soccer field.

Eliana and I had the same PE teacher, Mrs. Albert. She's one of my favorite teachers. She's really nice and understands us seniors.

"Alright class! Today you're going to get a partner and play two-on-two games with another team."

I turned to Eliana. "Partners?"

She nodded and smiled. "Partners."

We stood up and walked toward the shopping cart that was full of brand new soccer balls.

Yeah, our school was too cheap, that's why they were in a shopping cart.

I grabbed a soccer ball, to then have it kicked out of my hands.

"I'll take that." Lauren smirked, catching the ball in the air. Then she turned on her heel, and walked off with Kristina.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Lauren and Kristina had the same PE class with me and Eliana.

Eliana glared at them as they walked away. "How do you put up with them?"

I shrugged. "I don't even know how I put up with them for four years."

We walked over to an empty spot on the soccer field and started practicing.

"So how do you like this school so far?" I asked her.

"I think it's great! Other than the populars.. it's a really good school." She replied.

I smiled back at her. We stayed silent after a few seconds. Then I asked her another question.

"Hey do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, I have a step-sister that's a few months younger than me. She's in our grade and she was going to come here today, for her first day. Only, she got sick and had to stay home so I'm the only one here, but she'll come tomorrow."

"Oh, what's her name?"

"Skylar." She answered.

"That's a nice name."

Then it was silence again. I was debating if I should tell Eliana about Team Crafted or not. I decided to tell her on Friday, when I got to know her and her sister better.

"Alright! Time for games!" We heard Mrs. Albert yell. "First game, Kim and Webber against Cook and Daetwiler!"

Okay, now I might hate Mrs. Albert just a little bit.

Eliana and I walked over to the goals. Lauren and Kristina were already there.

"Be ready to get beat, wannabes!" Lauren yelled proudly.

"Alright first team to five wins!"

Mrs. Albert blew the whistle and our game started. Everyone else ran to the bleachers to see, yet another famous Lauren Kim game.

Lauren kicked the ball towards Kristina, who was trying her hardest to kick the ball while running. She didn't want to ruin her new PE shorts.

I ran up to her, in an attempt to steal the ball from her. I was successful and scored a goal for our team.

Eliana gave me a high five. "Yes!" She cheered.

I looked over at the kids that sat on the bleachers. They all had the same expression on their faces. Amazement.

The two populars on the other hand, were real upset. Lauren and Kristina glared at us. "It was pure luck getting one goal. Just don't get your hopes up."

They started kicking the ball again. Eliana tried to block a pass, but failed. The populars scored a goal.

"Now the score's tied." Kristina said proudly.

I snorted at that. Eliana rolled her eyes.

We kept alternating goals, until the score was tied 4-4. Whoever scored a goal next won the game.

I smirked. "Wow Lauren your actually about to lose."

Lauren started to clench and unclench her fists. "Bring it on!"

Lauren kicked the ball toward our goal. I ran beside her, trying to go for another steal. Just as I was about to kick the ball away from her, I heard her mutter. "No. I'm going to win this. I'm going to be undefeated for as long as I live."

Then she elbowed me in the chest and scored the goal that won the game.

I was furious! That's got to be a yellow card or something! I looked over at Mrs. Albert. She didn't notice a thing!

I punched the grass in anger. Lauren and Kristina smirked. "Told you we would win."

I buried my head in my arms. "Hey want a hand?"

I looked up to see Eliana standing over me, her hand outstretched. I gladly took it and she helped me up.

"Man, this blows! We should've won! If Mrs. Albert had noticed..." She went on and on.

"Well let's think positive. It's the end of school."

"True. Oh I gotta run! I want to get home and tell my step-sister all about you guys! See you later!" She waved and then ran to the locker room.

I had to run too. I had to go get Jada so we could go to the Team Crafted house. I ran the direction Eliana went, and ran out, looking for Jada.

Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for all the support you have been giving this book! I love you Ghosts and keep it up! <3

~Silver :p