Chapter 11: Date Night

When I got home that night, I didn't even bother to change. I just hopped into bed right away.

I slept soundly, dreaming about tomorrow, when Mitch would take me on a date. My wonderful dream then turned into a nightmare. I dreamt Mitch turning into Caden, daring to kiss me.

I couldn't take it anymore. I woke up to sunlight, shining through my window and onto my face. I squinted at the clock on my nightstand. The clock read 1:00 pm.

My eyes widened. How long was I asleep?!

I jumped out of bed, realizing how hungry I was and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

My parents were still at work, so I was the only one in the house. (I'm also an only child)

I opened the fridge and started munching on an apple.

I went over to the couch and sat down. As soon as I finished my apple, my phone beeped. I threw away the apple core, then saw who texted me.

Jada Sent You A Message:

Hey dude, you excited for today?

I texted her back.

To Jada:

Of course I am! What about you?

From Jada:

Yassss Becky! Music festival with Jason here I come!

To Jada:

XD

I kept texting her until I figured I should be getting ready for my date.

I jogged upstairs and got in the shower. When I got out, I dried my hair with the hair drier.

Then I walked into my room and looked for an outfit to wear. I decided on wearing a blue flannel with jeans and black Vans.

I went to the mirror that hung on my wall and started putting on some mascara, as well as eyeliner.

When I was done, I went back into the bathroom and curled my hair.

I looked at the bathroom mirror to see the final product. I had done a really good job curling my hair.

Then I heard the front door open. I ran into my room and looked at the clock. It was 5 o'clock. Which meant my parents were home from work.

"Ellyse! Where are you?" I heard my dad call.

I groaned. "Coming!"

I went down the stairs to meet my parents. They saw me and gasped.

"Oh my goodness! Sweetheart, you're beautiful!" My mom exclaimed grabbing my hands.

"Really?" I asked her excitedly.

She nodded and hugged me.

That got my dad to wonder. "What's the occasion?"

My body turned to stone. Uh oh. I didn't tell them about Mitch yet.

"Ellyse, I'm waiting." My dad said being impatient.

I sighed and told them the short version of me meeting Mitch. They listened intently, and never interrupted me.

When I finished we sat in silence for what felt like years. Then my mom squealed.

"Oh I'm so happy for you sweetie! And he's taking you out tonight! That's so sweet!"

My mom has always been the cool one with my boyfriends, or boys in general. She's really supportive when it comes to things like this.

My dad on the other hand, is the total opposite.