Chapter 14: Happy Birthday!

I arrived at school early, so that me and the rest of my friends could discuss the plan. I met them in an empty hallway not too far from the gym.

"Hey guys, I can't believe it's Izzy's birthday!" Eliana said.

"Yeah I can't believe she's turning eighteen today!" Jada exclaimed.

"So what's the plan for today Ellyse?" Skylar asked.

"Okay, so during lunch Jada and I are going to the office, to meet the guys. Skylar and Eliana, you two distract Izzy at the lunch table, and make sure she isn't facing the door." I explained.

"Then we'll walk in and have Ian put his hands over her eyes. We'll all yell 'surprise!' and introduce her to the one and only Team Crafted." Jada finished.

They nodded. "Can't wait guys!"

I waved bye to them, and Jada and I went to our class early. Some other kids were already there including Josh.

Oh no. What if Caden told Josh what happened yesterday?!

I sat down nervously. Jada noticed me fidgeting in my seat and looked at me with concern. I explained what had happened yesterday at the café.

"Oh my god! Is he okay?!"

I nodded. "Yeah, he's fine."

I glared at Josh. "But that's not what I'm worried about."

Josh saw me glaring and walked over to us. "What's with the look?"

"No reason. Anyways why are you here?" I asked.

His face reddened. "O-Oh um I w-was going t-to ask Jada to the d-dance."

I looked at Jada with surprise. She put her head on her desk.

"Will you go to the dance with me Jada?" Josh asked desperately.

She looked up from her desk. "No." She didn't hesitate one bit when she said that.

He was surprised at her answer. "What do you mean no?"

Jada rolled her eyes. "I mean no I don't want to go to the dance with you."

"Why not? What girl wouldn't want to go with me?" He said while flexing.

"I can't answer those questions yet."

He looked at her confused. "Yet?"

Before Jada could respond I spoke. "You'll see what she means at lunch. I promise you."

I faked a smile. He narrowed his eyes at me, then went over to some of his friends. Jada let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks dude for saving me back there. I was about to say something really stupid." She said.

"No problem. Honestly I just wanted him to leave, before he could say something about you know what." I replied.

The bell rang stating that class had begun.

~Magical Time Skip~

I met up with the rest off the group in a hallway, as soon as the bell rang for lunch.

"Happy birthday!" I shouted hugging Izzy.

The rest of them joined in the hugging. Izzy grinned. "Aw shucks guys, but can you get off. Can't. Breathe!"

We let go of her and started walking to the cafeteria.

"So what did you get me?! What did you get me?! Did you guys actually get me anything?" She said excitedly.