III. Waiting in Thought

Into the early hours in the morning when the sun is still set but a new day has begun, three boys, with the far off company of a cat, lay waiting in a dimly lit hallway. This hallway resides in a private hospital specializes in the health of no normal human beings, but for vampires and hunters. Clicking and taps are heard throughout the hallway because the three boys have been waiting for just over two hours and the pureblood Soobin asked a servant of his to bring three Gameboys to help them pass the time. Their friend, a young vampire hunter by the name of Choi Beomgyu, is inside the room that the other three are waiting outside of. A very important meeting was suddenly called to take place with Bang Sihyuk, Jung Hoseok, and Park Seonghwa about what to do with Choi Beomgyu and the mistake he made on the night of the meeting.

"Soobin, it's been over two hours, what's taking so long? Do you think he'll be ok?"

Soobin looks up from his game and over to a worried Heuning Kai. "Well, I don't know. He did say that something had happened during patrol to cause suspicion before the attack that night, but he never reported anything. And considering Hobi-hyung doesn't remember anything either, I don't know how much of a help he will be for his student."

"Let's not be so quick to give up on Beomgyu." says Yeonjun, "He seems like he'll become a great hunter and I hope one simple mistake won't be detrimental to his career–"

Soobin shakes his head sympathetically, "But Yeonjun, you don't get it. Of course it could be simple from afar, but if Beomgyu would have said something, then who knows what could have been prevented. Yes, I think a fight would have happened either way, but we could have gotten the upper hand. Maybe we would still have our memories... Maybe Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung wouldn't be missing."

Soobin was right. If Beomgyu would have had more confidence in what he was sensing, then maybe at least some of this madness could have been prevented. But there are a lot of "maybe"s and "if"s going around, and that doesn't change what has happened.

Yeonjun takes a breath, "Yes, Beomgyu messed up, but it could have happened to anyone. Was he the only one paired with one of S. Coupes guys?"

"I-I don't know."

Exactly. There had to have been at least someone else who was paired up with one of them that should also be questioned, not just Beomgyu. This whole thing isn't all his fault and–"

"I know it's not all his fault, I just–"

"Then why are you blaming him?!"

Silence befalls the two and Kai nervously looks between Soobin and Yeonjun.

"I..." Soobin searches Yeonjun's eyes for words to help describe how he's feeling, but is coming up short. Am I blaming Bemogyu? No, I know it's not his fault, but then... whose fault is it? Honestly, Soobin and the other two are having a hard time fully understanding the seriousness of the situation after having no recollection of a traumatic evening. For Soobin, it feels like he went to bed right after a fun night of "tutoring" then woke up with the thought of the meeting a week into the future. They only woke up from the coma two nights ago and have only been told bits and pieces of what had happened, yet nobody knows what they were doing in the library and why they were in a coma. Then, why they lost their memories. It would be quite the shock for anyone and, at a subconscious level, it would be rather hard to believe. Deep down, Soobin hasn't accepted any of it. When he's not thinking, he finds his eyes wandering the surroundings of wherever he is in search for his older brother and his best friend to jump out, telling Soobin it was all a joke. With the end of the second night approaching and still no Namjoon and Jin-hyung, Soobin is getting restless. It doesn't make sense why they're not here right now. All Soobin, and the thirteen others in this awful boat with him, wants are answers.