XIII. The Next Step

Within his dresser, Beomgyu reaches into a drawer full of many small bottles. The slight rattling of glass snaps Taehyun out of a daydream. He watches the hunter from the bed, showing no sense of being phased when the flashes dangerously fluorescent liquids within the bottles catches his eye. Poison. The brunette turns to his boyfriend, "You wanna take some?" he asks casually.

Taehyun shrugs his shoulders, "I dunno, what do you typically use them for?"

"Well, I usually coat my knives in them–oh! There's been a few times where I've managed to shove them in the evil guy's mouths and make them eat it!" Taehyun's heart flutters at that wild look in Beomgyu's eyes. " It was soooo gross."

"Hmmm... I'll take a few then." Another reason Taehyun immediately thought of was the use of these poisons if they were ever to get taken by the enemy. This didn't need to be said, though, they both know and it'd only darken the mood.

Beomgyu gives Taehyun a handful then turns back to the dresser mirror, spreading around his own bundle throughout several pockets within his jacket. Around his neck, he wraps a mildly thick silver chain several times, easily retractable for him to use for whatever he may need, be it as a weapon or to restrain an enemy. He's wearing his favorite dark leather brown jacket; one that isn't too long but has several hidden pockets in the inside that makes it easier to access the poison and his throwing knives. He's proficient in many hand-to-hand combat and weapon techniques, but throwing knives would have to be his weapon of choice. He decides to add a few extra small knives for good measure, tying a thin pink ribbon around the ends of them as his own kind of signature. Attached to his belt is his gun, but he doesn't like to use it and only brings it as his last level of security.

Beomgyu turns around from his desk, "Well, how do I look?"

Taehyun doesn't respond but rather stares coldly up at the hunter with his lips resting on his fist. From the poison to seeing him put weapon after weapon all throughout his body made the whole situation so much more real. Beomgyu frowns. He knows he's not mad, not at him at least, and can see Taehyun's brain working and is worries for what he's thinking. He takes a few steps closer and wraps a hand around Taehyun's balled up fist. "Come on, I know you're worried but it'll be–"

"Ok?" Taehyun finishes. "That's not guaranteed and everyone knows it."

"Well, at least you'll be there with me to make sure I'm alright, hm? And I'll be there looking after you, too." Taehyun let's Beomgyu's gentle voice soothe his nerves and he already begins to feel better, feel better, but guilty. "I haven't told Soobin I'm going with you yet."

"I mean, we only found out I'm leaving, like, less than an hour ago, do you want to go talk to him now? If you want to tell them in person, now is the time since we have two hours to kill."

Honestly, it's not a conversation Taehyun is looking forward to. Kai texted him about how Soobin and Yeonjun reacted about Beomgyu and he doesn't want to be on the other end of that at all. He doesn't want them to worry but he also can't stand the thought of being at the hospital, just waiting, while Beomgyu could be killed at any second. Just tell them that and they'll all understand. We'll have a better chance at survival if we're together, anyway.

Taehyun stands up and walks over to Beomgyu's desk. Beomgyu's eyes follow, curious at what he's doing. Taehyun turns around and takes Beomgyu's wrist then slides a small, black leather glove onto the hunter's hand. It barely reaches past his palm but they're secured when Taehyun wraps the two strips around his wrist and buckles them. "Thought you could use some help with these tiny buckles." says Taehyun, Beomgyu smiles, "Thanks." Taehyun does the other one for Beomgyu, too, but the moment feels entirely too short when Beomgyu turns to head for the door right after. Taehyun doesn't let go of his hand and stays put.