XVII. Opening Eyes

The ambush of Run Away Bakery...

All Soobin wants is to spill as much blood as he can. They deserve nothing less. First these people ambushed his home during a meeting of finding peace, taking his brother and his best friend. Now they come again, causing his friends and loved ones pain with the want of their, and Soobin's, lives. However, he can't move as long as they have Kai.

Just let go, you'll feel so much better. It'll be quick, I swear~

I can't. Things could go more wrong than they already are, I can't risk the possibility of hurting them, especially Kai.

Hmmmm, I guess you would rather everyone die then, huh?

Annoying. Why did he have to nag at him now of all times? Well, Soobin can't say he's surprised by these rather annoying thoughts. He always seems to sound more excited when Soobin is angry, it's also not surprising that he's purring in his ear at a time of chaos. Soobin is a vampire with the purest of blood. The further a vampire strays from this, the more human blood that flows through their veins. As a pureblood, he doesn't have the same consciousness that comes with possession of human blood like others do. Sometimes, his darkest desires are there to clearly remind him what his animalistic side wants, deep down inside.

The sight of Kai being dangled like a ragdoll sends a fire throughout his entire body, burning with anger and even more mad at the fact that he can't do anything. The situation is out of his control.

Oh, but it doesn't have to be, my cute other half. The pretense of remorse lays thick upon his tongue. Listen, I can help you. We can reach the depths of our powers.

But-But Namjoon–

We don't have time to think about Namjoon right now!

Soobins eyes quickly scan around the others, lingering on Yeonjun, then lastly on Kai. One is terrified and the other is on the brink of death, all surrounded by hungry killers.

Do it.

Soobin blinks. In a fraction of a second, he sees his own self in front of him. He's faded, like a ghost, and has blue hair. He sweeps towards Soobin with his hand out, one would barely be able to see the wicked smile upturned on his wicked face.

"You think you can threaten me?"

The anger within Soobin rapidly grows with his desire to be wrapped up in darkness, the most natural of states for a vampire to thrive in. By mere will, the light flees the room.

"I know even your second-rate senses can discern what I am. You actually think you can threaten a pureblood and get away with it?"

Soobin springs forward, unnoticing of the deep crack his footprint leaves behind. He wants to tear apart whoever stands in his way, and what better way to tear than with a blade?

He brings his hand down upon the first being to cross his path and slices right through as a dark red blade in a menacing shape.

After that, Soobin has a hard time remembering what happened. Only snippets here and there when he tapped back in.

...

Soobin spins on one foot and leans, throwing a leg out that kicks the head right off of a hunter.

Your friends are keeping up nicely. Sorry, "was" keeping up nicely. While you're here enjoying yourself, the others are starting to look a bit tired.

Soobin glances over and sees Yeonjun. It looks like he had just brought an enemy down, but is a little late on dodging the person who attacks him from behind. The other four are in a kind of box formation, their backs facing one another as they take on people from all sides. Yeosang and Yunho stand on one side as Mingi and Jongho stand on the other. This seems to be working for them, but the moment one falls, that could all quickly change. They're all breathing heavy with beads of sweat starting to trickle down their foreheads. Soobin feels for the presence of the two injured in the back, Wooyoung and San, and thank god the attackers haven't found an interest in them.