IV. Closeness

The boys watch as IU turns the corner at the end of the hall and disappears behind the corner.

"So!" Beomgyu says, breaking the silence, "Where's Taehyun? Did he go to the bathroom or something?"

Kai smiles, avoiding the nervous glances Soobin and Yeonjun are giving. "Uhhh sure, yeah. Something like that."

Beomgyu tilts his head, "Something like—" he asks in a question but Soobin cuts him off, not wanting to take on the role of the middle man between the two, and says "He went to grab something from you guy's room. But what happened in there?! Is everything ok?!"

Beomgyu took the bait, "Oh, for the most part yeah, kind of. Geez, what's with those faces?! I'm not banned from the society or anything!"

At this, the three boys let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm just on probation." Beomgyu says casually, but the others take it as anything but.

"P-Probation?! What does that mean?!?" exclaims Kai.

"Eh, I just can't go on any hunts for three weeks, it's not like I'm solo yet on those anyway," he adds as a second thought, "and instead I'll just be doing paperwork." At the mention of paperwork, it was evident the hunter wasn't in favor of the task, nor would any of the other boys, but it was better than any other worse outcome that could've easily happened and, for that, Beomgyu was grateful.

"So...?" Asked Yeonjun curiously.

"So what?" said Beomgyu.

"So what happened in there?"

"Ah well," Beomgyu looks around, "I kinda want to wait for Taehyun. Where is he? In our room, you said?"

Soobin nods and Beomgyu turns around and starts walking down the hall. About halfway down, he stops and turns around. "You guys aren't coming?" he asks, looking back at the three who stayed in their spots.

"We, uhhh..." starts Kai, "It's, uh, probably best if you guys talk alone first." Beomgyu may not have picked up the first hint but he did on this one and his face went weary. "Oh no..." they hear him mumble, "oh god, he's mad at me. Oh god. I knew it. Dammit. Ok, you got this Beomgyu, don't back down. It's fine, it's fine..." As he makes his way further down the hall, the three vampires hear him mumbling more words of encouragement to himself and he turns the corner out of sight.

A couple seconds of silence go by before any of them say something. "He'll be fine." Yeonjun says, more so as a way of reassurance. "Yyyeeeaaahhhh, he'll be ok." Kai and Soobin both agree, however, when they picture Taehyun at this very moment, nothing less comes to mind than a demon seething in a dark aura as he sits "calmly" in a chair, staring at the door Beomgyu will come in through at any second. The three shiver, shaking the image out of their head.

"Well," begins Kai, "I'm tired and am gonna try to get some sleep. At this little announcement, panic beats in Yeonjun's heart. "Oh, ok." says Soobin, he glances out the nearby window and sees the slightest hints of pinks and purples in the sky that comes before a sunrise. Kai and Soobin exchange their last few words for the night while Yeonjun swirls in his thoughts. Oh no, we're going to be alone. What if he brings it up? He hasn't yet, but we haven't really been alone much either. Is it even worth talking about? Should I say something? HELL no.

"Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun snaps his head up, "Huh? What's up?" He looks around and notices Kai has already left and it's just he and Soobin standing alone. The vampire then takes this time to look around and observe all the fine details of the hallway. Soobin leans to his left where Yeonjuns' eyes laid but they change as quickly as Soobin gets within his sights. He takes a step to the right and, yet again, Yeonjun turns his head away from Soobin. The pureblood is no fool and quickly realizes that Yeonjun is avoiding looking at him, but this doesn't stop the younger to where the two end up circling around each other in a kind of dance of cat and mouse.