Simple Solution

Hei guys! Hope you all are fine. As I have mentioned at the start I really don't intend to hurt anyone's feeling. Despite trying my best some times characters might appear much different than your expectations. I am changing Karna's Life immensely.

Please enjoy it till the end. I strongly believe you all will find it worth your time.

†††††††♪♪†††††††♪♪†††††††♪♪

Simple Solution

The shooting range at the royal court of Hastinapur was excellent. Previously, Karna did not think that such a thing was possible in the city, and not in the expanses of deserted hills and plains, where Parasurama taught him. This shooting range turned out to be a great success. Here one could relax, and even spend time when the head minister Vidura's instructions began to make one's head spin, and Prince Duryodhana was busy, or again spent time with an uncle Shakuni, whose company Karna tried to avoid.

He usually practiced almost alone: the space around him seemed to die out, but he did not need comrades. The world for him narrowed down to a bow, an arrow and a goal that allowed him to stop thinking about everything: about new friends and their unpleasant manner of lying, about the kingdom both his own and not his own, about the oddities of Prince Yudhishthira.

And then, when all the arrows were hugging in the center of the targets or inscribed with intricate patterns on them, Karna smiled contentedly and returned to the palace, enthusiastically catching other people's views on himself. What lurked in these views - hostility, indignation, curiosity or respect - Karna did not know and did not try to find out. It was enough for him that people saw him, and no one dared to say that the bow was not rightfully his, or that he was not worthy to stand on a par with real warriors. Those were great moments.

That day, however, Karna did not feel his usual peace. His arrows pierced where they were supposed to, but seemed to want to slip out from under his fingers in the other direction. Karna pacified them and guided them along the right path, while feeling as if he was trying to keep a loose chariot on the road, in which three wheels spin in different directions, and the fourth one tries to jump off the axle.

After releasing another arrow, he stopped and wiped the sweat from his forehead. No sun made him wet like those damned naughty arrows. They seemed to betray him. They wanted to submit to other hands.

Karna shook his head angrily, trying to drive away the foolish thought. However, it was pointless to deny that this was precisely the case - in other hands and a different bow. Arjuna returned to Hastinapur.

It's been over a week and they still haven't met. More precisely, Karna saw Arjuna - from far, with Prince Yudhishthira or with the great Bhishma, and most often with Queen Kunti. But a face-to-face confrontation was avoided. Karna did not want to meet Arjuna.

No. Really wanted to. I longed with all my heart to meet him in battle - to finish the interrupted fight, to prove, to finish ... without words to apologize for the ridicule that was not true. But the duel was impossible, and how to behave with Arjuna without him, Karna could not imagine. Couldn't he just talk to his enemy, really, as if nothing had happened?

King Shakuni would have said that this was the way to go, and Duryodhana would have supported his uncle, because it would have played into the hands of his plans. But the instructions of King Shakuni caused only irritation and protest in Karna, and for the sake of Duryodhana ... for the sake of Duryodhana, he would even agree to pretend neutral friendliness, but it was much easier for Arjuna to avoid Karna raised his bow and fired more arrows. Today, the pattern on the target turned out to be especially complex, even pretentious. Like a challenge...