Chapter 7: He actually isn't that evil

"Sure, just keep ignoring me," you muttered to the door and then, you turned your back to them, ignoring the pain you wound was causing you.

"What an ass are you..."

Those were the last words you whispered, before you fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

"So...I am expecting a reasonable answer on my question. Why aren't you two training?"

Short guy with a ginger hair color was leaning towards Akutagawa, who was trying not to push him away. He was hardly trying to get hold of himself and not to explode, because no one wants to fight Chuuya Nakahara for some reasons.

"I caused her a wound yesterday. She needs rest. Is that enough?"

You were listening to their conversation through the door, sitting on Akutagawa's side of bed. Your injury didn't hurt as much as yesterday but Akutagawa told you to rest still, just for sure. But none of you had any idea that this shortie would come to check on you.

"I don't know. What would Boss say about that, huh?" ginger guy was teasing Akutagawa.

"Then just tell him what I told you a while ago. I am sure he understands, because he needs her alive," your roommate's voice was still calm.

"Yeah, you're right. If she was dead, she would be even more useless than she's now."

Right after these words, you heard a door slamming and then only quiet. Carefully, you stood up and opened the door of Akutagawa's bedroom, finding him leaning against the wall, staring at a ceiling.

"You heard the whole conversation, didn't you?" he confronted you without hesitation. Immediately, his cold, grey eyes stabbed you and you shivered.

"I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to listen and-"

"Just who does he think he is? I decide what to do with you, despite your condition. Bastard," he bowed his head, closing his eyes.

You went back into the bedroom, and sat on the bed. As soon as you did, Akutagawa came after you and also sat on his side. You noticed one thing - he wasn't wearing his coat, it was hanging on the door.

"I think my injury isn't that bad. I can handle one training. Trust me," you tried to convince him but without any success.

"Well all you can do is walking. We can't risk anything. Just ignore that bastard Chuuya and rest. Today we're spending the day in bed." Just as he said it, he lied back down.

You chuckled a little bit and did the same thing. The room went in the silence, both of you were staring at the ceiling, until you turned your face around and your eyes started watching him.

'His face is kinda pretty. But it would be prettier if he was smiling. At least sometimes. Maybe I could try to make him smile someday...' 

"What?" his face turned to your direction and you felt how your cheeks immediately went red. "N-nothing. I was just...ehh..."

"Staring at me. I know."

"It's not like that I just..."

"Just let's not talk about it." At this moment, you were glad that he said it, because you really didn't wanna explain yourself to him.

"Akutagawa?"

"What is it again?"

"How long do we have to train? I mean... isn't it just a waste of time? I already know how to fight so..."

"You really don't get it, huh? It's not about that. It's about you being familiar with the way I fight and about me being familiar with the way you fight, so we can become partners. And I already defeated you back there...well, almost. We have to keep training until you will be able to defeat me. That'll mean that you're strong enough. Now you can't even attack me properly...Tch. We still have long way to go..."