Chapter 10: Fighting the gravity

All three of you only were standing there, thinking about what to do. Who knows what your friends were thinking about, you had no idea. The only thing that was running through your mind right now was if it's possible to escape from him. But on the other hand, it's impossible to escape the gravity, when it's basically everywhere. So that means, the only option is to fight him. But is there really any possibility of winning against the gravity?

No.

The real question here is if it's actually possible to beat Chuuya Nakahara, the gravity manipulator.

~~~~~~~~

"So? Which one of you wants to go first?! It's nothing personal right now, I just can't let you," he aimed his finger at you, "escape."

"No. I will fight you. Let them go," you were talking without hesitation.

"Huh?! I won't let enemy escape. And when I look at you, I don't think you are able to beat me," a laugh escaped from Chuuya's mouth.

"Don't underestimate me."

"Sorry, but it's impossible," he fixed his hat, "but if you insist on battle...I will fight you. But I can't guarantee that you'll survive," his fingers connected.

"Y/N...you can't. This is suicide. We will help you!" Atsushi squeezed your hand. You only shook your head and released your hand.

"You two go and find a way out. There's no chance for this mission to be successful. Meet the others and run!" A little smile appeared on your face, "you're not able to win!"

"But Y/N..."

"I said go!"

Tiger boy and a girl started running away, leaving you behind. With a smirk on your face, you started collecting a courage.

"Once I'll finish you I'll catch on these two and kill them too. It's no use," a laugh escaped from his throat, "and I don't care if our boss needs you or not."

"Huh? I guess you really can't get over that I rejected you yesterday," you said sarcastically, still trying to keep grinning at him. You were just relentlessly enjoying provoking him for some reason.

"Just shut your mouth already! I see that your mouth still has something to say, but I would also like to see what you can do. Although I don't think there is much," his body was glowing red, you figured out he was preparing to fight.

You grit your teeth and your eyes started watching him intently. You didn't want to miss even one of his movements.  Even though you knew beforehand that you couldn't win, you just needed to buy some time for your friends to escape. Of course you weren't afraid of him, you were just afraid of the consequences and the injuries you would suffer after this fight.

"Get ready sweetheart! I won't go easy on you!" his shout echoed throughout the hallway, it was so loud that you had the urge to plug your ears so you wouldn't hear it, but you couldn't. You saw him clench his right hand into a fist - this immediately made you think that he was right-handed. You already knew that he was preparing for the first attack with making this gesture, and from what you've heard before, that's how he always starts a fight.

Of course, you weren't about to be left behind either. You pulled out the stolen gun and aimed it at him. Of course, as you expected, he started laughing.

"Never underestimate all weapons. I guarantee you that this one can hit you."

As soon as you said that, you were forced to dodge his initial attack. Only then you realized how right Akutagawa actually was. Using your ability is terribly slow and dangerous unless you have someone as backup or to cover you. But as you expected, by exerting too much power and speed on his attack, he had trouble stopping and thus stopped further than he himself would have expected. This bought you some time before your mind  was able to program the weapon that your hands were squeezing.