Chapter 36: Let's call it happiness

"Well, you can go first," Akutagawa told you and you smiled to yourself. He probably wasn't aware of what he said, at least he seemed like it to you. Or you were just overthinking everything.

Yeah, maybe that's it.

~~~~~~~~

You sighed as you lit a candles, placing them into a candle holder. It was kinda cold, since it was already October, but you felt like you just had to go to the cemetery. So many things happened since your last visit with Akutagawa, who now was your actual boyfriend.

You looked up to the sky, moon was already there. Sky was mixed by colours of pink and orange. You sighed and put your hands into your coat's pockets, your breath changed into a puff of steam.

"So much changed since the last time I was here, huh? Back then, I would never thought that things will turn out the way they are now," you chuckled and knelt down to the grave stone, where photos of your parents were inserted. Your fingers gently caressed both of the photos and also a few tears escaped from your eyes.

"Wow, I really should've known it's gonna be so cold." you stood up, your breath shaking. Suddenly someone's arms hugged you and you smiled, knowing they belong to your boyfriend.

"You are cold," his gaze dropped on the grave stone, while his hand was searching for yours.

"I think they are mad," you muttered into the silence of cemetery, ignoring his concern for you. It wasn't even a mutter, it could be called whispering, you didn't even expect Akutagawa to answer, however, he did, with a question.

"Why you think so?"

Tilting your head back, you rested it in his chest. The answer was so easy but at the same time so complicated... Swallowing the lump in your throat, you eventually decided to keep up with the conversation.

"Because they didn't want me to live the way I do now."

Akutagawa's arms hugged your waist and he kissed the top of your head. Another question followed. "But you are happy, aren't you?"

Slight sigh escaped your lips and you nodded. "I am. But only because I am with you."

Those words brought a pleasant warmth into his heart, it started racing. Akutagawa was glad that it all eventually ended this way. He was glad that he has you by his side.

'He is too obvious.'

You smirked to yourself, but didn't say anything, only were enjoying his presence and touches.

"I already said sorry. To them. Sometimes just things don't go as planned."

"I don't know how things like that work, I mean...between parents and children, but I'm sure they are happy for you," Akutagawa stated and pulled you even closer, giving a kiss to your cheek.

"Who knows," your eyes met with the cloudy sky and again, you let out another
steam puffs out of your mouth, "let's head back."

Akutagawa nodded in agreement and you let him lead you out of the cemetery gate. "I actually wanna take you somewhere, if you don't mind," he let you know, when you two walked into an alley which definitely wasn't leading to the base.

"Okay...? Should I be afraid or not?" your right brow twitched up and in your eyes confusion found it's place.

"Don't worry, it's not too far away from here actually," Akutagawa gave you small smile, his fingers intertwined with yours.

You two kept walking quietly, however,  the silence was comfortable and you two were enjoying eachother. You started to look around when you suddenly entered the forest, the orange sunlight shining through the trees. "Where are we going?"  you asked but Akutagawa didn't give you any answer, he just was leading you deeper and deeper into the dark forest.