Chapter 22: And the life goes on...

Mori was completely ignoring your complaints and your ears started listening to him after a while.

"So this all was about to find out if they are traitors, right?" You asked and Mori nodded.

"Good job today, Y/N-chan. You played it perfectly," a little compliment came into your direction. You smirked, crossing your arms.

"Tch. I think so."

~~~~~~~~

It's already been two months since you left Akutagawa's apartment and started working with Mafia executive Nakahara Chuuya.

Yeah, at first it was hard with him, but now you both could say that you became quite good friends, even despite the fact what happened at the first night in his apartment. You two were going on quite dangerous missions, but you weren't complaining, because your salary wasn't half bad.

However, in the beginning it was hard for you to get familiar with his way of thinking and his attacks. But that feeling lost after like two missions.

But what really was the best part about being with Chuuya was that you completely forgot about Akutagawa. You weren't even thinking about him, only sometimes when you were alone, mainly because you had no time for it, although the feelings you had for him were growing and you couldn't prevent it.

"Akutagawa, you were right for some reason. We've been together for a few months and look what you've done to me. But somehow I feel like being without you is harder than being with you. Do you feel it the same way or did you forget about me already? I'd like to know," your eyes were watching what was happening outside, although it wasn't interesting at all. Only some car crash, as usually.

"Is something interesting happening out there?" Your new partner asked you and your eyes met. You shook your head and walked away from window, grabbing your training clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"Training room. I need to practice some swings. See ya later!"

"Oh...I thought that maybe we could hang out! Oiii! Y/N!" you ran out of the apartment, ignoring his yelling.

"Sorry, Chuuya. I really need some time alone," you muttered to yourself and entered the training room. It was quite dark in here, so you turned on the lights and thankfully, you were alone in here, so you could beat the thoughts about Akutagawa out of your mind.

Even though you knew it's useless but somehow you had to at least try it, but somehow you knew that it's useless to fight with yourself.

Suddenly a slight cough echoed the room. Immediately you turned your head and saw her. Akutagawa's sister.

"H-hey, Y/N. Can I join you? I know that maybe-"

"Sure! It's been a while, Gin. How have you been?"

"Well, quite good. But still, I kinda miss you there. And I think the same goes for my brother," the last sentence was only whispered into your ear but in the moment you heard it, your heart skipped a beat.

"Although he doesn't want to admit it. But since you left he doesn't talk even to me," she was quite sad and you could tell it even though she was wearing her mask right now. Somehow you felt sorry even though it wasn't your fault. But maybe if you didn't let Akutagawa kiss you...

"Shall we start?" her voice interrupted overthinking that was happening in your mind and a slight nod was your response.

~~~~~~~~

You came back very late. Chuuya luckily wasn't mad at you but still he told you he was afraid and you cannot do such a things that you disappear for so long.