Chapter 25: Mission failed, but...

"Good n-" you didn't even finish your sentence and Chuuya already hung up. You blinked twice and then put the phone into a charger, with order to get enough sleep for tomorrow. Because tomorrow's day is gonna be hella long.

~~~~~~~~

Next morning, you woke up when you felt that sun light is seeping into your room through the curtains and you could feel its warmth on your face. You yawned as you sat up and rubbed your eyes.

You were sitting on the bed for a while, but then you were forced to get up when you realized that it was almost 10 o'clock. You had to prepare very well for tonight. There was no way you for you to screw it up.

You opened your closet and grabbed three knives and two pistols, you sharpened the knives and put new bullets into pistols. Then you attached the weapons to your leg straps and satisfied with your work, you went to the kitchen to grab something quick to eat.

After you finished your food, you took a quick shower and gave your hair light curles and a volume with a straightener. Then you spent the next hour painting your nails, you chose a dark blue nail polish with glitter. After the nails dried, you devoted yourself to your makeup, but for today's occasion you only chose a simple, not very expressive one.

When you were almost done, you found out that it was almost 3:30 pm and you hadn't had lunch. Quickly, you ran into the kitchen and pulled out a pizza from the freezer, put it in the oven and waited, thinking about what tactics you could choose tonight. It was all complicated, it needed thinking so you wouldn't screw it up. Well, in your opinion, as long as Akutagawa doesn't get involved in your plans, everything should work out. That's why you decided to warn him about it before the mission starts.

~ in Akutagawa's apartment ~

Akutagawa let the hot water run over his skin, but today for longer than he usually does. Even though he hates showering the most, he just couldn't bring himself to leave the shower today. He constantly had to think about today. Y/N will be with someone else today. She will spend time with some other man than him. This whole thing was driving him crazy, even though somewhere inside he knew he had no right to feel this way. Plus, he had no idea what's this feeling called. Even better.

Finally, he forced himself to leave the warmth of his bathroom. He quickly put on his white dress shirt and white cravate, then his black trousers and finally a coat, still thinking about the name of this feeling. He opened his closet and took out one of the black suits, another white shirt and lastly, he took out the box with his cravates. On the top of the cravates, there was one special to him. The black one from Y/N. His fingers gently picked it up and he took a closer look at it.

'Maybe I could wear it with this black suit today.'

Akutagawa checked the clock, it was almost 3:30 pm. This whole day went by so fast and he didn't even realize because he was only thinking about you and his jealousy. Of course, he had no idea that this feeling was called jealousy.

Suddenly his train of thoughts was interrupted by a knock on the door. At first he thought it might be his sister, but she has the keys after all. She wouldn't knock. He sighed and walked into the hall, quickly opening the door so the person behind it wouldn't have to wait long.

But when he opened them, he paused a little. "Y/N. What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be getting ready?" the question flew out of his mouth. His eyes measured you from head to the bottom but then he let you inside. His whole body shuddered, when you walked past him.

"Well I am almost ready. I came here to see how you are doing. But as I can see, you haven't even started getting ready yet. Oh, and I brought the dress with me, don't worry, I'm not stupid," you shrugged and walked into his bedroom. You put the dress on the bed and then you started controlling his choice of clothes.