Chapter 29: Let the mission begin

"I bet that bastard already knows that we are going to spy on detectives from now on. Screw him. This is gonna be harder than I thought," you were muttering to yourself, wondering who did Chuuya and Akutagawa get.

But for sure you knew that their spying is gonna be much easier than yours.

~~~~~~~~

"We should split up. You take the weretiger," Higuchi's voice was quite cold and measured, she loaded her gun. You just gave her a nod in response and took your weapon out from under your shirt.

"Are you sure about it, Higuchi? Dazai is quite hard to spy on," you warned her. You wanted to make her job a little easier, but she just shook her head. Only a sigh came out of your mouth, but eventually, you decided to ignore Higuchi's choice. Besides, she is the team leader, as you heard from Mori.

"That's why I want to spy on him. Because if I succeed, maybe Akutagawa-senpai will finally notice me and praise me," in her eyes you could see sparkles of happiness as she was simping over your boyfriend. You fisted your hands, trying to endure it. But inside, you laughed at how desperate she was. If Akutagawa didn't notice her for so long, then why would he do so now?

"You know you're pretty naive, don't you?" you rolled your eyes, but started walking away, leaving her behind. But suddenly she gripped your shoulders hard and threw you to the ground, aiming her gun at you. Her shaky hand pressed the trigger, which she could not pull because she did not have the courage to do so.

"What? Just do it, kill me already. Akutagawa-sEnpAi surely will praise you for that" you teased her. "Go ahead! What's the problem?" Only a quiet came as a response. "I thought so," using your hands, you lifted yourself up on your feet, smirking at your confused teammate.

"Well I am heading off to find my target. I heard Atsushi's got a job somewhere at the port so see you soon!"

Your legs carried you further and further away from Higuchi who was staring blankly at the Agency building, waiting for Dazai to come out. Although you were convinced that he wouldn't leave the building so soon, you preferred not to say anything to her because you weren't in the mood to argue with her when it wasn't necessary.

Carefully, through the dark alleys, you finally reached the Yokohama port, where Atsushi was supposed to be, together with Kyouka.

"I wonder who is spying on Kyouka though..." you were talking to yourself, looking for a good place to hide. Finally, you found one, it was dark place behind big containers, where no one would expect you to hide, although as soon as you came in there, you saw that you have to share.

"Oh...what a coincidence, huh?" male voice spoke to you and a person came out into a light. The first thing you noticed was their bandaged nose, then their finger hair, little bit darker than Chuuya's. "Tachihara," you muttered as you measured his outfit from top to bottom.

"Hello, Y/N."

"I-I guess this is the place you found for yourself, so I guess I'll just find an-" you paused as you felt Tachihara's presence behind you. You swallowed up as your breath shook.

"It won't be necessary, sweetheart. I am sure we can solve this problem very easily if you give me what I want," you shivered at his words. Tachihara's hand then slid down your neck to your collar bone. You broke out of his touches and saulted backwards.

"This is not a goal of our mission, you dumb idiot!" you yelled, immediately grabbing your gun, aiming it at him. "C-mon, I just wanted to have a little bit of fun since I am so bored," he walked towards you but stopped, as the gun clicked and you placed a finger on a trigger.