Chapter 16: March 1st

"God, can't you just shut up? I am trying to enjoy a moment," he rested his head on your shoulder and hugged you even more tightly. With a small hesitation, you hugged him back, sensing his scent. He smelled of some herbal tea and his cologne, the brand of which you just couldn't remember, though you kept looking at it always when you were using the bathroom.

"Sure."

"Just be quiet."

~~~~~~~~

Today, you realized, it's already been almost three months, since you've been captured by the Mafia. During this time, Detective Agency tried to save you once, but they failed and then, Mafia secured their HQ even more, at least from what you heard from Akutagawa, because Dazai knew it all very well. Yes, of course everyone from Agency tried to reach you on your phone, but Akutagawa ordered you to turn it off the day he returned it to you, so they couldn't call you anymore.

~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing?" you asked Akutagawa, when he pulled your arm and you found yourself lying across his lap. Your eyes started watching him with curiosity. His fingers than started sliding through your hair. "I don't know. But it's calming. Don't you think?"

"I-mean yeah, it is," you smiled a little and decided to enjoy this moment you two shared. You turned to the side and nuzzled your nose into his stomach. Akutagawa's body tensed, but he tried not to show it too much. He just continued to stroke your hair, gently playing with it and wrapping it around his fingers. Then, one of his hands then slid a little lower and caressed your cheek. 

For some reason you found his touches terribly comforting. For a moment you didn't even believe that those hands that had already touched you several times before would be capable of harming someone. Yes, maybe Akutagawa was a member of the Mafia, but in the time you've known him, you've learned that he's definitely not a bad person inside, he's just misunderstood. And maybe he really just needs someone by his side, someone who could understand him, but above all, someone who wouldn't leave him.

"Akutagawa? I feel tired... It's almost midnight after all," you gently pulled out of his arms and sat up. He only gave you a nod as a response and then he just let you lie down on your side of the bed.  "But before that, please let me check that scratch from yesterday's mission one more time, okay?"

"Sure."

Akutagawa took out his medical kit and rolled up your shirt, revealing your stomach. You propped yourself up on your elbow in a semi-sitting position to see how big the injury was. But it turned out that it wasn't even deep, it was just that Akutagawa wanted to have everything in control and didn't want you to catch the infection. 

He gently densified your wound and smeared it with some kind of healing oil.  Every time his fingers touched your skin you shivered, even if it wasn't your intention. A moment later you found yourself thinking about what it would be like to feel his handsome hands touching other parts of your body. 

"Why are you so quiet?" Akutagawa snapped you out of your thoughts, but you were really grateful for that. You really didn't want to think about such things.

"O-oh...I just was thinking about something."

"May I know about what?"

"I-it's not important!"

"Done," he put everything back into a medical kit and you rolled your T-Shirt down, covering your belly. "Thanks. But it really wasn't necessary. I don't want to be a bother for you."

"Y/N. You. Are. Not."

You immediately blushed, hoping he didn't see it. You smiled to yourself and lay down facing him. "Good night, Akutagawa." You closed your eyes snd tried to fall asleep.