No Turning Back

JJ's Pov

I picked up a shift a work to get my minds off things but it didn't help much. Now I was in mine and Popes shared room trying to take a nap but as soon as I started to drift to sleep I heard someone walk in.

"Hey buddy you okay? You've slept a lot today" Pope said making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine"

"Ok ok just making sure, I need you opinions should I wear this or this?" He asked holding up two ugly button up shirts.

"Wear what to what?"

"The drive in tonight, Kiara said yes" Oh did she now.

"Just wear a hoodie dude it's a drive in" I said

"Maybe you're right.. hey are you gonna be here tonight or John B's?" He asked

"Um I'm not sure why?"

"We'll if things go good ..and she wants to hang out after.. and ya know" he said raising his eyebrows. Is he serious right now?

"Um are you sure that's even a possibility I mean it's the second date and-"

"Well I mean we've done it before-"

"What?" I interrupted

"Yeah a long time ago but after words she told me she just wanted to be just friends and she said it was weird because we've known each other so long or something but maybe she changed her mind?"

I mean I knew they kind of "dated" but I didn't think they ever didn't anything more than make out.But she told him it was weird because they're friends? Me and her are friends and she never complained . Ever.

"Um I guess but I feel like you shouldn't be so focused on that.." To say I was pissed was an understatement.He was going on a date with Kie and all he's worried about is sex?

"Yeah easy for you to say for some reason girls are always all over you" he laughed and started to head out.

"Oh so are you gonna be here or John B's  orrrr" he asked again.

"Um yeah I'll go to John B's I guess.."

"Okay cool see you later she's here!"

Well there he goes.. on a date with my girl. Tonight is tonight that will change everything. If Kie does sleep with Pope I don't think I could ever do anything or be with her again. I mean he was one of my best friends and she is the girl I used to be in love with.l know they've done it before but that was before everything. If I knew that she slept with him just to get back at me and genuinely used him that much.. I would never be able to look at her the same.

Kiara's Pov

"Hey" Pope said getting into the car

"Hey"

"Sooo you excited"

"I mean yeah"

"Cool me too" he responded

The whole rest of the way was silent until we parked at the drive in.

"You want me to buy us some Popcorn?"

"Yeah that'd be good" i responded and he got out walked towards the concessions. This was already so awkward I don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the night I hope he doesn't try to talk through the whole movie, honestly if it wasn't Twilight I would not be here right now.

"Hey I got so skittles too" he said

"Oh nice oh it's starting!"

We sat there watching the movie for about 30 minutes until he started talking.

"So you miss your friends from boarding school?"

"Eh not really" I said.

"Ohh why not"

"I mean maybe a little but I haven't really been thinking about boarding school.. just trying to enjoy the summer.."

"Oh yeah yeah makes sense sorry"

"It okay" I responded

"Sooo umm maybe next week we could make a trip to sea world?" He suggested

"Oh no thanks" i said trying to sound polite

"But you love sea animals?"

"Which is exactly why I don't want to go. Do you know what they do to the animals there? It's disgusting" I replied

"Oh ok I just thought-"

"It's okay" i said and tried to go back to watching the movie.

"So Kiara  .. I've been thinking a lot"

"That's good.. good for the brain" I joked keeping my eyes on the screen.

"No I mean about us" he said. Oh please no.

"Us?" I questioned

"I know you said you didn't see me like that but.. ever since we got back from the island and you got back from boarding school.. it just feels like there's something there that maybe wasn't there before.. a spark.."he said and i was trying not to gag.

I didn't respond. I just couldn't under stand his thought process. There was nothing between us then and there was nothing between us now. I guess he took my silence as an invitation because before I knew it he was leaning forward about to kiss me.