Back Up Off Me

Legend

Legend

     Skye returned back to New York and I returned back to business. I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket with this group. Least for now they don't seem to have a problem with me being in charge, only uptight ass is Taraji, but I'm sure she'll fall in line eventually like the rest. I'm not too keen to being around them either, first I had to work with Skye, now all them? Long as we can bring in the money together without any fucking problems, it will all be good.

     "All we need is packaging, you ready to take this to the streets?" Heavy asked.

     I never seen so much coke in my life in one room, if we get busted this second, I'm easily getting put away for life. "You think we ready?"

     "No better time like the present, time is money, so what are you waiting for?" Taraji questioned.

     I know what I'm doing, and how I want to go about it, but I just feel a little skeptical doing this. Thinking about what Skye told me about how I need to be in this temporarily, after last night's rush, I don't know if this is still going to be a short time thing. I don't know if I can shake who I really am for her comfort. I feel almost guilty doing this now, because I know she's expecting better. What you get is what you see though.

    "The time isn't right," I said.

     "What? After we just spent all night making this shit, you don't want to head out on the streets?

     "Trust me on this, alright? The time isn't right. Y'all want make some pocket change then be my guest, I ain't pushing nothing today."

     "You supposed to be a damn leader."

     "Then play along and follow my ass! Look, chick, I ain't going to be doing this shit everyday arguing with you. If I wanted to be nagged and shouted at, I would go home and make my girl mad. So you can put all that shit to rest, the timing isn't right."

     Huffing around the place, Taraji sat her ass down, complaining under her breath. I noticed her take off her arm brace for a bit, still concealing her skin and began massaging her arm.

     "He's right," Rock opened up, saying. "It doesn't feel right today, I feel an unforeseen problem our way if we head out."

     "My nigga! The person who speaks the less, understands me the most in this room. I'm not only trying to protect my ass, I'm looking out for y'all too. Last night was a reminder that every step we take is monitored. Which is why I picked these up, y'all niggas ain't pull out your straps last night, so I assumed y'all ain't have one to begin with."

     Out from the back, I brought out some glocks, fully loaded, with the safety on, in case these niggas wanted to get stupid.

     "Where did you get these?" Taraji asked.