Bye Baby

Skye

Skye

     Even in a time of turmoil, Legend's lips tasted sweet. If it wasn't for him being banged up, we probably would have had it out right here in this hospital bed. I knew he wouldn't be able to walk away from me, in scenarios like this, I wouldn't have let him.

    "Ahem," the doctor said, clearing his throat. Our lips departed to hear the news. "Sorry to interrupt, but, Mr. Irving, I have your x-rays back. You fractured your hand, it's not too bad, we'll just have to splint it. Obviously, no heavy lifting or anything that would strain or cause damage. You showed no vital injuries, the swelling in your face should go down within a matter of days. Your head CT showed no injuries to your brain, but with all close call head traumas we would like to observe you for a couple of hours."

     "Thank you, doctor!" I spoke for him.

     "I'll just give you some privacy and my nurse will discharge you in a while, have a good night." I don't know what's going through his mind, but I definitely missed him, unfortunate I had to see him like this though. This is not easy as my demeanor is making it seem, apart of me wants to retaliate, rectifying this situation for him. Let this shit have seriously hurt my man, mentally and physically, it will take time for him to get back together but I know he'll be good as new again. I don't want to say the wrong thing and he starts snapping on me for trying to help.

     "Sounds like you held up your own, ol' dude must hit like a bitch." I tried lightening up the mood, but he was very tense.

     "You missed me with the joke, now isn't the time, and I'm ready to go."

     "Didn't you hear the man? You'll be discharged in a few hours."

     "Skye, I drove damn two hours here, don't you think I'm good?"

     "So now you want my doctoral opinion?" I snapped back.

     "I apologize for snapping earlier, I know your position in this, but you need to understand mine. You, of all people, should know how this shit works, look what happened to your mother. I'd never forgive myself if somebody was to come for you or your family because of me! All my life I grew up looking out for me, now I have somebody I care about, that I worry about all damn day when I'm hitting these streets. This shit is new to me and I can't fucking do it anymore, it's driving me insane. Please just -"

     "No," I interrupted, placing my finger over his lip. "I'm not going anywhere. Yeah, I know all too well the consequences and repercussions when you date a drug dealer. None of that shit stopped my mother from being with my dad. I highly doubt that nigga to her once to just leave. I don't care how dangerous it is being with you. Only thing that matters is being with you, period! Graduation is in a month, you don't have to pick up and leave when I do. If finishing this is such a concern to you, then you can meet me in California. Just promise me you'll come."