Back In One Piece

Skye

Skye

"Shit might get a little weird for the next couple of days, I just wanted to tell you face to face that you might not hear from me for a couple of days. Don't get an attitude, I'm not with some other bitch, I'm just taking care of some business."

As of lately, I been giving Legend his space, after that night on the rooftop, I haven't seen much of him already. I know he's been ripping and running the streets, but damn, when are you going to hang it up? Yes, I asked him for his help, it's my fault he's back dealing. But back then, he was talking like he wanted him better for himself, I want that to still be a possibility for him. Could he honestly say without my influence he would have achieved his GED? We on different playing fields, and I'm trying to catch him up to my level. This hood shit is cool for looks, but it's not what it's cracked up to be. I'll always ride for mines, but what good is standing behind my man if he's dead or in jail?

"Why are you doing this still, what happened to your money? You should have more than enough."

"Not enough to just sit back and chill for the rest of my life, I promise when I hit my mark, I'll quit." He promised as we sat in the park, it was getting dark. Time to move on before these petty ass thieves try some shit.

"Baby, you know I have more than enough for the both of us." I said.

"Keyword, you."

"It's getting too hot out here, remember you said that to me? Is someone after you? What's going on that you keep moving back and forth from here to Philly? You just started up in that state and someone already pinged a flag on your back."

"Don't worry about me, it's hard to kill a legend."

"Negro, if you don't stop playing like you untouchable, you going to be nothing but a story. You need to stop, now!"

Legend sucked his teeth, taking in a deep breath. "I'm going to be fine and I'm going to try and call you."

"Legend, please don't. Whatever you going to do, please don't, I have a bad feeling about you leaving. You barely telling me anything and it drives me crazy when you out there."

"That's just you missing me."

"Dammit, Legend, I'm not playing. I'm not letting you go back yet, it's something you not telling me. Prove me wrong, stay in New York tonight."

"I can't, the sooner I do this, the sooner I can get done and get back to you."

I rolled my eyes, my blood was boiling and he wasn't listening. I feel a brush of death nearby, but he won't listen to me.

"Even with all the good little accomplishments you had, you going to throw it all away. I'm telling you, baby, I don't feel good about you leaving. One fucking night isn't going hurt your money."

"Skye, please, I already told you nothing is going to happen."

"What if I was pregnant, another little life on the way? You still going to leave?"