Say It

Legend

Legend

You gon' have to do more than just (say it). You gon' have to do less when you (do it). Lil' mama you know I (show it). Always want you to (prove it). You gon' have to do more than just (say it). You gon' have to do less when you (do it). Lil' mama you know I (show it). See you gon need to more than just (prove it). [Bridge 1] And you know, you know. And you know, in this foreign car let it go!

     "Who the hell car this is?" Skye asked, shocked, as she entered my car. Skye didn't even know I was going to pull up, at least like this. Before the bell rang for her to get dismissed I told she didn't need to take the bus, someone was coming for her. Someone came alright, it wasn't nothing special, just a hand me down 08' Infiniti G35. I was able to cop as a little gift not long after I was released.

     "Happy birthday shorty, you looking mad cute today."

     "Thanks, but I asked a question."

     "Like this shit?" I questioned.

     "How the hell you get this?"

     "Don't worry about the details, it was given to me, that is all you need to know."

     "Where we riding out to?" Her cute little ass asked hopping in the car.

     "Philly, check out the scene in case soon I decide to relocate. Build up over there."

     "Philly? Ay, sounds right to me." She smiled. We dipped to her place, she grabbed all her necessary garments and toiletries before we rode for an hour and forty five minutes to Philly. Back when I was in jail, couple of dudes would tell me Philly used to be the spot. It's real corrupt over there, streets just as ruthless as they are here. Just the way I like, they ain't had a nigga like me running things right yet.

     The way they used to talk made it sound like anybody who was anybody, could rise over there. If that's true, I hope I'm not too late, sounds like they streets is for the taking.

     "I can't believe I'm here," she said, as her eyes dazzled at her surroundings.

     "You never been out of New York?"

     "No, never had a reason to leave."

     "Well, we going to make it worthwhile then."

     Arriving at the hotel, I began the process to check us in. "How may I help you?" Asked the receptionist.

     "A double please." I requested.