Infiltration

Legend

Legend

"What brings you by?" O.G asked, as I met with him in prison. "I'm starting to think you must secretly be my son or something, the way you always hightailing it back to this prison. If I were you, I'd never come back, I don't care who in here I'm visiting."

"I - got myself into some trouble. Attracting some unwanted attention, this nigga shot up Heavy like target practice, now they trying to come for me."

"Is he alright?"

"Finally woke up this morning, I shouldn't even be here in New York, but I've been in hiding since last night. At the hospital, I was jumped, this Haitian nigga really wanted me to work for him, only I don't want to."

"If you want to live, I suggest you do as he say."

"I ain't anybody's bitch! I work off my own shit. I was hoping maybe you could help me out, I know you still have muscle out there on the streets."
"I haven't been out there in a long time, from what I remember, your partners are never loyal as they say they are."

"I'm trying to leave this behind for good, meaning, closing all my loose ends, I'm not trying to be followed by this lifestyle."

"Best advice I can give is to go load up, you not getting out of this easy if you don't kill the man first."

"How the hell am I going to do that?"

"It's time for you to infiltrate."

"You make it sound like an easy step program, I don't have time."

"You have to make the time."

"I'm trying to pack my shit and leave this place behind, I don't have time."

"You better make the time if you want to live to leave that place behind. Telling you, son, you have to take down the biggest bully on the playground. That's your meal ticket right there, you better have the right people along for the job, because you ain't going to be able to do it yourself either." He stated.

I'm at a standstill, if I was alone, with no one to think about, I wouldn't care. But I have a life that's heading to the west of this country, I don't want my past to affect my future. To be honest, I thought I would be stringing Skye along with my decision to leave the game, but after recent events, I'm done, for real. It was no choice, no other logical options, other than to infiltrate like he said. With hard work and a level mind I could make it out unscathed, or I could be writing my own death certificate.

"Legend, you can't be doing this, I been blowing you up all day!" Skye said, as I finally answered her phone call.

"I've been busy, I can't talk long, I just want you to know that I'm still okay."

"Baby, please, just drop everything and leave. You can hide out in any state you please 'til this guy forgets your name. Just don't do anything foolish along the way, this guy ain't playing no games."

"Neither am I. I'm doing this shit, Skye, so I won't have to worry anything stopping me from being with you!"

"What good is this effort if somebody puts a bullet in your chest?"

"You keep talking like that and the shit is going to happen! I'm not trying to clock out any sooner than you trying to foreshadow. Now I told you I will handle shit, I have to go. We can end this pleasant, or we can stay mad for a few days, the choice is yours. I suggest you choose wisely, since I can't call you for a while."

"Why is that?"

"I'm hanging up!"

"Shannon, just ask yourself this, is what you planning really worth earning your first murder charge? Is it worth the paranoia that these people would retaliate right back? You can avoid the problem instead of running towards it."

"It's either kill or be killed."

"I just don't want you on either side of the gun, but I understand, please at least text me the second you can letting me know everything is okay."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

Not a moment too soon, De Paul pulled up to the scene. "A real legend in the making, glad you decided to be a part of the money team."

"Yeah, well, I needed time for my senses to come together."

"Rightfully so, I hope your boy is okay. My guys can get a little carried away some sometimes."

"We ain't boys, he'll pull through though."

"Very, very, good, step into my office, let us talk money." We walked into this building, the deeper we walked, the more guards he had around every doorway. "Take a seat, welcome to my home away from home." De Paul said, sitting behind a desk. "Bring the other one in." He commanded his guard. "We are going to be working very closely together, Legend, I set quotas for my sellers you have a simple job. Bring me the money and everything will be fine, if you don't, well then I suggest after today you take out a life insurance policy for any surviving family members."

"Here he is boss." The guy dragged in some dude.

"Gavin, what happened to your quota, son?"

"I'm sorry, let me make it up to you please. I'm just a little short."

"Being a little short doesn't keep the lights on now does it? Terry, hand me my favorite toy."
Terry the guard opened a door in the room that has all his weaponry, out came two medium sized daggers. De Paul scrapped the two together, taunting as if he was going to stab him. He slightly slit his throat, but it wasn't enough to send him gushing, instead he pulled a revolver out his back pocket. Shooting him in the knee caps, both palms, two in the chest, reloaded after giving him some time to suffer, then busted a single shot in his head. "Felt like being dramatic." He proclaimed. "You waste my time, I waste yours, get the idea, Legend?"

"Loud and clear." I wanted to shit myself, but I had to remain unaffected.

"Good, because your head of division now. Everybody will answer to you, just remember, boss. It's always important to make sure you have happy employees. I really hope I can trust you, Legend, because if I can't, well you know what happens."

"I'm good for anything you throw my way."

"Good, your first job is to cook me up a kilo and deliver it to a friend of mine. Bring Vick here with you, he'll show you where to go. Now somebody get this dead nigga off my floor!"

The ride was really uneasy, I didn't say much, but he was definitely digging for information. I kept it on the hush, it's critical I give nothing away about myself. I don't know how I will do this in under a few months, I feel like if I don't, Skye might as well not wait for me. Agreeing to do this, I probably just signed over my life, he's clearly wasn't going to stop 'til I came on board.