Tokyo Machine (Fluff)

A/N: Y'all... you have to realize I can see your age if you read this in my statistics. It says 18+ for a fucking reason. I'm sorry to be harsh about this but if you are under the age of 18, do not read this, do not interact with this and just click away. I'm aware there's more fluff chapters here than smut, but even then this is an adult character and I am writing reader as an ADULT. I repeat, if you are under the age of 18 and a MINOR, DO NOT INTERACT OR READ! Thank you. 

After the past weeks' events, Hawkins's people seemed to be more relaxed than ever. It was strange, really. A lot of people had died, gone missing. People were traumatised, yet the public seemed serene. The chaos had reminded them of how little time there was, and the time there was, had to be enjoyed.

The world was burning, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Eddie's recovery had gone by faster than expected. The bats had left some gnarly-looking scars scattered over his body, but they made him look even more badass. Even sexier.

Your feelings for Eddie were a recent development, as far as you were aware. You supposed they'd always been present, lingering in the back of your mind. But him nearly dying was what'd ignited the spark that made you realise you viewed him differently from your other friends.

So you were here, living in the present. There might not be a tomorrow.

Robin's fingers waved in front of your face, and you snapped out of your Eddie-induced trance. Once the realisation had been made, you found yourself staring. At first, the looks had been fleeting, but they'd turned into full-blown stares as time passed. Robin laughed at your panicked expression. You shoved her with a glare.

"Man, you've got it bad." She laughed as she reached for a beer.

The elder teens had gathered for a night of relaxation and fun. The Wheeler's recently bought a Karaoke Machine, imported straight from Tokyo, Japan. Karaoke seemed to be the newest rage across the US. It was about time you all had a go.

When Steve finally got the machine up and running, he took the first turn. If anybody had told you 3 years ago, you'd be in Nancy Wheeler's basement, watching Steve Harrington sing 1985's Take On Me by a-ha, along with Robin Buckley and Eddie Munson, you'd laugh in their face.

You were laughing now too, but for a whole different reason. Steve's drunken face, as he tried to hit the high notes, was indescribable.

"Maybe squeeze your balls a little, Harrington. That'll help you hit those notes!" Eddie piped up. Nancy cackled as Steve flipped him the bird.

Steve sank to his knees at the end of the song like a true rockstar. You all hollered and cheered for the phenomenal performance.

"Your turn, Wheeler." Was all he said before he handed Nancy the mic and plopped back down on the couch.

Nancy's pick of the night was 'Live To Tell', Madonna's newest hit. The ballad suited her well. You smiled as you took another gulp. Nancy got lost in the song, and it was obvious she'd practised this routine with her hairbrush at least a dozen times.

As the song continued, you noticed how intoxicated you felt. Everything was fuzzy. You were happy. You were surrounded by your friends. Your friends who survived with you. Eddie was here. Eddie was laughing.

'Oh, c'mon, Wheeler. Boring. No more ballads tonight, people! Now give me that mic.' Eddie shot out of the armchair and snatched the microphone from Nancy as soon as she'd finished.

You glanced over Eddie's shoulder to try and see which song he would pick but to no avail. When the intro started, however, all jaws dropped. You all expected him to pick some metal song to scream his lungs out to and wake the neighbours.