girlsgirlsgirls (Platonic!Eddie x Lesbian!Reader)

A/N: Y'all... you have to realize I can see your age if you read this in my statistics. It says 18+ for a fucking reason. I'm sorry to be harsh about this but if you are under the age of 18, do not read this, do not interact with this and just click away. I'm aware there's more fluff chapters here than smut, but even then this is an adult character and I am writing reader as an ADULT. I repeat, if you are under the age of 18 and a MINOR, DO NOT INTERACT OR READ! Thank you.

Your ride or die. Your partner in crime. Your platonic soulmate. All of those things were ways Eddie could be described. He knew everything about you. Almost everything.

You knew Eddie wouldn't judge you if you told him. He'd be totally accepting and supportive. Yet something inside you told you to not tell a soul. But your soul and Eddie's were practically one, so did he really count under 'not telling a soul'? You weren't sure.

It had been eating you for a while, and you knew Eddie'd noticed. He'd ask, but you always came up with a lame excuse like school or something else trivial. It was gnawing at you. You ached to tell someone.

The more you tried to push it away, the more it consumed you. Just a thought sent you down a spiral. A spiral filled with thoughts of girls. Just girls. Girls, women, females, ladies. GOD, shut up.

You knew you couldn't hide it much longer. Not from Eddie.

"Hey, what's going on? Where's your head at?" Eddie poked your side as you gazed out the passenger-side window.

He finally graduated last week, time for a celebratory road trip. Road trips with Eddie were your favourite. Just him and you driving with no destination, music blaring through the van. You found any excuse to leave Hawkins with him.

You smiled at him and shrugged. "Just glad to be here and now with you." Your sunglasses hid your eyes, or he would've known more was definitely going on.

"Well, that's good. Because I wouldn't want it any different." Eddie was genuine, even when he couldn't look at you when he admitted he felt the same about your friendship. He might not always be open about his feelings, but he always guaranteed you felt loved and appreciated. He was truly one of the best people you'd ever encountered.

You turned to look back out the window. Nothing was on the horizon for miles but bugs and a few plants. Just the road, Eddie and you. The sun was starting to go down, and you felt nothing but grateful you got to run away from things every now and then with one of the people who mattered most.

When you saw a small lit-up 'OPEN 24H' sign pop up further down the road, you nudged Eddie and took off your sunglasses. When you drove near, you noticed it was a diner-motel combo. "Let's eat. I'm starving."

"Wanna stay here tonight? I can keep driving for a few, you know. Just sleep in the back?" Eddie suggested. You honestly preferred sleeping in the van. It reminded you of summers spent doing absolutely nothing, your favourite activity.

"Let's just eat and figure that out after we eat," you smiled and opened the van door. Tingles shot up your legs when your feet hit the gravel. You should really stop every now and then to stretch your legs, honestly.

You ran to the toilet and did your business. When you returned, Eddie'd already ordered your favourite drink for you. "What would I do without you, Munson." You grinned as you took a sip. "Already ordered food, too. Your favourite." Eddie beamed as he swirled his drink with his straw.

Eddie lit up a cigarette while you waited for your food. You pushed the ashtray on the table over to his side. You noticed the girl behind the counter give you an up and down. "I think she's into you." Eddie quipped. "Oh, shut up." You shot down the idea, maybe too quickly. Was she checking you out?