Chapter 14 : Shark Hates Dangos. Right?

Third Person's P.O.V.

The young boy jolted up awake, panting heavily. He ran his fingers through his black hair, gritting his teeth, clenching his fist.

He took a deep breath, as he stood up, and walked towards the window.

His gaze traveled, tracing the Konoha streets, and ended up in an empty compound.

The Uchiha's.

There were some ANBU guarding the area, a few others were taking out corpses from the building.

His eyes narrowed. Limply, he sat back on the bed, leaning on the wall.

He sighed. 'It can't be real' he told himself.

But he knows that's a lie.

"You're awake already." He heard someone said.

He turned, to see the Hokage standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry about your loss." The old man stated, as he closed the door, and walked towards the 10-years-old boy.

Itachi stayed silent for a while, before his eyes widened in realization.

"Where's Sasuke?!" He exclaimed, gripping the white sheets tightly.

The Hokage looked down. "I'm sorry. We couldn't find his body."

Itachi's body starts shaking.

His whole family... No, his whole clan...

They all die.

He's alone.

***
The Hokage let out a small sigh, as he exited the boy's room. He must be traumatized, that's for sure.

And the boy decided to live on his own at an apartment. He asked to join the ANBU, and the Hokage reluctantly agreed.

He began to regret his decision.

But it's too late.

***
Haruka's P.O.V.

"Leader-sama wants to meet you." Sasori said as he entered the living room.

"Hn." I replied shortly, as I stood up, and walked towards the office.

"Haruka. You will meet your partner today. Here's the location where you're gonna have the rendezvous with him. After that, both of you will finish this mission, before going back to the hideout. Got it?" Pein explained.

I nodded.

"You're dismissed."

I bowed, as I took the scrolls from his hand, and left the room.

I put on my cloak and walked towards the exit. That's when Sasuke arrived.

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Nee-chan! Where are you going?"

"Mission." The girl replied simply.

Sasuke's eyes began to water. He immediately hugged his sister's feet tightly.

"Please, Nee-chan.... Don't leave me alone here..." He muttered, as he began to cry.

She glared at him.

Before he can react, she already pinched his hand, causing him to release his grip.

"Don't touch me." She growled, as she put on her hat.

Without turning, she walked out of the hideout.

***
The girl let out a small sigh, as she felt an unfamiliar chakra approaching her. She stayed silent, her onyx eyes locked to the sea in front of her.