Prologue

"Vire, get up here! We have a system malfunction!" I am suddenly awakened by the panicked voice of my new associate.

"I'm coming, Calso!" I yell and jump to my feet running to the cockpit where Calso is frantically pushing buttons as red lights flash on the console.

"Calso, calm down!" I yell to him over the screech of the alarm.

"I'm trying, Vire!" he yells in response and spins around to face me. I quickly look over the console behind him and then turn back to Calso.

"What exactly is causing the system malfunction?" I ask calmly.

"Well to be honest, I just saw the red lights and panicked. I'm not an exceptional pilot, but I did feel the whole ship rock a few minutes ago," he yelled at me.

"I know! I felt it too!" I shout back. He nodded.

"I think someone shot at us!"

"OK--."

The rest of my sentence was cut off when two more explosions rocked the whole ship.

"Who's shooting at us?" I shouted. Calso looked out the window above the console then turned back to me.

"No one!" he yelled glancing down at the console, adding, "Readings say that something blew up in the cargo hold and the entire back half of this crate is gone!"

I nodded.

"Just what I thought. Sankrat..." I muttered but was cut off when he screamed something else that I failed to hear.

"What?" I asked loudly.

"OK!" he said mistaking what I had said.

"So what do we do now?" he added.

"Just give me one minu--."

All of a sudden I spotted a Separatist concussion missile, fired from a modified speeder bike, right before it hit us dead on. The left wall exploded inward, throwing me back onto the console. My head hit something hard. Then everything spun violently and went black.

\\\\

I wake up to darkness. I blink a few times, and my eyes adjust some allowing me to see that there is something on top of me. Shoving it off, I am nearly blinded by the light shining in my eyes. Soon my eyes adjust again, and I look around to see that I am sitting in the middle of a pile of wreckage from what looks like a bounty hunter ship.

Why am I here?

I ponder the thought, seeing as I am confused as all get out. I soon see or remember why. I was escaping with another man. Suddenly I stop and think.

What is my name? I'm sure I had one. One of them called me something, I remember his words.

I stop and think hard.

He called me Vire.

I now remember and know who I am. I am Vire. I must have been a bounty hunter as well. Getting up carefully and checking to make sure none of my bones are broken, I begin to look for any other survivors. It turns out that I was the only survivor and passenger.

What about the other Bounty hunters?

I shrug. It doesn't matter. I'm on my own. Then I look around me to see where I am and what planet I am on. I don't recognize any of my surroundings and begin to wonder if I am dreaming. After thinking a few minutes, I figure I am not dreaming, and I have just crashed on a planet that I've never been to before. I glance over the wreck one last time. There's nothing there for me other than some guns and maybe some food. Deciding quickly to grab the few supplies, I head into the forest to see what awaits me on this new and remote planet.