2

So sorry for the long wait! Life has been hectic and crazy. I'll try to be more consistent, and I'll update on the 1st of Nov, if not earlier. Thank y'all for reading! Feel free to vote if you enjoyed it, comments, and thoughts are welcomed!

--------------------------------

Kael finished scouting around and headed back to where he, Crash, and Mako had been earlier only to find that Mako was already there.

"Sir, where's Crash? Has he made it back yet?" asked Kael as he got closer. "No," said Mako.

"So he's not here," answered Kael.

"No."

"Should we wait, Sir."

"Yes," said Mako taking a seat on some rocks. Kael relaxed some and removed his helmet.

"Sir, you still think the Seps did this?" Kael continued, in a more leisurely way.

"No, I'm beginning to think it was natural causes," said Mako. "What about you?"

"I had the same thought, Sir."

"I think maybe an earthquake."

"I was thinking more like a windstorm," Kael replied.

"Both are possible," answered Mako getting up and walking over.

"Yessir," was Kael's reply.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Crash slowly became aware he was being dragged by a slightly smaller person, who was pulling him from his shoulders. Deciding not to open his eyes to see his captor, he almost thought about where his captor was going, but his head hurt and right now he didn't feel like finding out. Then he tried to open his eyes and found himself blindfolded.

Well, this is great, Crash thought and tried to twist some to see if he could get free somehow.

Duracord.

He discovered it quickly and began to think on who this person, or thing, was that had taken him.

Maybe the natives are more hostile than we think.

He could see how that might pose a problem. Then he shut his eyes to think better and fell unconscious once more.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

An hour passed quickly as Mako and Kael stood there talking and waiting on their pilot. Kael looked up.

"Sir, still no sign of Crash," he said.

"I know, let's go search for him," Mako agreed and picked up his pack heading off in the direction he had sent Crash. Kael followed him hastily.

After walking that way for some time, Kael and Mako still hadn't found Crash.

"You think some natives were left over and he got captured?" asked Kael.

"Possibly, but I highly doubt it. Crash is too careful, despite his name," responded Mako checking one of the houses as they walked past.

"I read you, Sir," answered Kael as he poked his head into another crumbling house. Mako ran ahead some seeing some shallow depressions in the dusty, blackish soil. He confirmed they were Crash's footprints by matching the tread on his own. Kael saw him and picked up the pace. Mako slowed as he came to the house Crash had entered.

"In here," he ordered seeing the footprints stop, and he walked into the house. Kael acknowledged the order, following him into the house.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\