6

The commando droids reached the ship where General Grievous was twenty minutes later. A-5 was still carrying Kael, who had not regained consciousness. "General, we have the clone," A-5 reported as Grievous confronted them in front of the temporary prison block.

"Throw him in with that bounty hunter woman. I will interrogate both later," said Grievous. "You are dismissed," he added and the commando droids left to complete the command.

With an arrogant walk, Grievous approached Ktar, who was still awaiting news from Brun. Ktar had been ordered not to continue his previous mission until Brun had set the stage and gained the trust of the clones. Reaching him, Grievous stared down at the alien. He tried to suppress the revolting feeling that he got whenever having to work with a bounty hunter or some other low life criminal.

"I have a task for you," he told Ktar.

"Yes, General?" asked Ktar with an air of boredom. "After I interrogate the prisoner, I want you to search through Vire's belongings. The other clones will provide no trouble. I have been informed that they were removed, from the situation," Grievous ordered.

"Ah, so you want me to confirm whether or not she has evidence the Count can use?" Mastro stated, studying the power cables running across the back of his glove.

"Yes," Grievous said in deceit. He had no real reason for Ktar to carry out the order other than he wanted the scum away from the camp.

"Fine," agreed Ktar. Grievous did not reply immediately but rubbed his metal-clawed hands in pleasure as he watched Ktar leave and prepare to go. He then saw that the droids had returned and for the first time noticed that their number had been reduced to two.

"What happened to A-10?" he demanded sharply.

"He was blasted by one of the clones and deemed unfit to carry on," said the commando, meaning the droid had been destroyed. Grievous waved them on and watched them return to work.

"The Count will be most pleased to hear of my success," he muttered, and if he had a mouth it would have been twisted into the most evil smile ever.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Mako and Crash were nowhere near the Separatist camp at the time and were currently standing on an outlook high above the canyon, trying to plot a course through it twists and turn. Mako was consulting his map, and Crash was mapping a route in his head while staring at the oddly green- colored canyon.

"I can't seem to find a route that wouldn't take us an hour to accomplish," Crash said dejected at his vain attempts.

"I've got one. We need to rappel down this cliff first, then I want you to follow me," Mako advised.

"Sir, yes Sir," said Crash, trying not to let the doubt into his voice.

"Get the cables ready," ordered Mako, and he handed his blaster and cable to Crash who hooked the detachable cables launchers to the end of both blasters then pulled a length of cable out from each, securing it on some rocks.

"Good to go, Sir," he said and handed Mako's deece back to him. On that note, both set the reels to automatic and began descending the rock wall.

When Crash's feet touched the canyon floor, he found it to be one of the most interesting landscapes he had ever seen. It was a huge marsh, which explained the green look. Moss hung from canyon walls while swampy grasses felt springy and soft underfoot. Mako also stopped a moment and hesitated when he reached the bottom of the canyon wall. After the shocking discovery, both detached their cables and left them hanging there as Mako resumed the lead and began using his map to navigate both of them through the maze of the canyon. Crash gazed around in wonderment as to how the place could have such an interesting environment. The marsh didn't smell great, but the vibrant green that covered the place was stunning to the eyes. As they trekked along, Crash wondered if the Separatist camp was really here or if they had followed a false trail. Who would know? Only upon reaching the coordinates on Mako's map could they be sure. Until then all they could do was walk in hopes of reaching it.