IV

Asmith's Point of View

"Percy I need some alone time. I got to get my head around everything that has happened in the last twelve hours," I heard a familiar voice call out. It was Luke's voice.

I turned in the direction of the voice and saw him walking away from the crowd of campers. He looked even more handsome than I remembered. He was taller, more toned and walked with more confidence than I remember seeing him with when we were little. The scar on his face was the a new edition but it made him look more rugged and attractive in my opinion. He also looked happy, which was something I had not seen over the past couple years. We were both older and had both changed. We should have been in our first year of college but here we were still fighting battles like we had when we were children.

It was a funny thing to think that only a handful of years ago we hand never imagined our lives to be this way. We thought that the only way to survive was to keep running from monsters and our own dangerous past. Luke's mother was a mental case and my mother, well she wasn't what anyone would consider a role model. Luke and I had each other until we met Annabeth and Thalia. Then it was the four of us against the world. Four children, two from the Big Three gods attracted a lot of attention. We adapted but it didn't mean that it was easy.

I saw him walk down to the beach and towards the pier. I needed to be there. I shadow traveled to the end of it and waited for him. For once I was conscious of how I looked. My black jeans were ripped and dirty. My shoes were covered with monster dust and blood. My shirt had a slash on the side and my jacket was ripped to. My hair was pulled on top of my head in a messy bun. This was not how I planned to meet him but hey maybe being all dirty would remind him of how we spent most of our childhood. I sat down cross legged on the end of the pier and waited.

I heard steps approaching from behind me and felt my heart race slightly. This was not me at all. I guess years of pent up waiting did this to someone. I calmed myself down enough so I wouldn't seem flushed. He doesn't remember you. Your a random person and you need to act like it, I told myself. I heard his footsteps get closer and closer until they stopped not very far behind me.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" It was his voice. Deeper and more grown up but it was still him. It was still my Luke.

I turned a little to look at him and he looked even more handsome then I had imagined. He was toned and tall. At least six or seven inches taller than me. His eyes were a perfect blue. Bright and alive and full of color. I had forgotten how mesmerized I could get by looking at them. The scar across his eye somehow completed him. It somehow suited him, and honestly made him look kinda hot. Dammit Asmith, don't think that way. I told myself.

"I said do you mind if I join you," he said and ran his hand through his hair. He used to do that when he was nervous. I remembered that was one way that I could always tell he was nervous about something.

"Yeah, yeah of course. Sorry you just remind me of someone I know," I managed to stumble out while trying to collect myself.

"Thanks," he said. He took and seat next to me. He put his hands behind him and laid down slightly on them. "I just needed to be somewhere quiet and I needed to be alone."

"Well being here with me kinda defeats the whole purpose of you wanting to be alone," I said sarcastically.

"I wouldn't mind if you stayed actually. It's nice to have company but not the rest of the campers kinda company. A bit to cheery and stuff. At least they are happy now, in a couple hours they will be burning the shrouds of all those who had fallen in the battle.I mean I know I'm kind of a hero, at least that's what Percy said, but more than that I am a villain. I know that they are mad or somewhat angry at me and are just doing this for show. I mean no one forgives that easy right?" He rattled off. I could tell he had kept all this inside.

"Look I don't know you but I understand what it feels like. To be a hero and part of the cause isn't that great," I said looking at him.

He smirked at me. "So you're telling me you know what it's like to have an evil Titan lord inside of you and then nearly die trying to get rid of him."

I laughed a little. "Not exactly but we all have our own demons fight sometimes. "

"I'm Luke by the way. I'm pretty sure you could figure that out by now." He stuck his hand out as if to shake mine.

"I'm Asmith, daughter of Hades," I took his hand and shook it. I could feel a slight change in his energy when I touched him. I hoped that he wouldn't notice.

"So how long are you going to be here in Camp Half-Blood?" He asked looking at me.

"I was actually going to leave soon. A couple hours maybe until I would leave," I replied.

"Why so soon? I'm sure no one here would mind another half-blood, especially a child of Hades," he said.

"This just doesn't seem like a place for me to be right now. I've survived out side of here on my own for a long time so I think I can manage," I said. It was true. I knew that I had to leave. My only purpose for coming here as to see him and say goodbye. I never got to say goodbye to him. I had disappeared one night from where we were staying. When he and the rest of the gang woke up I was gone, and they didn't even remember my name. I kept tabs on them, but once they made it here, I let them be.

"You know I'm going to be leaving here in a few days to go and look for half-bloods. The Gods have to start claiming there kids and a friend of mine wants me to go and find them to bring them back here. I could use some help. Especially from a survivor like you. If you could survive out there being a child of Hades, you could really be a great help to me," he said.

"You don't even know me Luke. How could you ask me to go out there and help you with something like that?" I asked him. It was true,he didn't remember me yet he was asking me to leave with him on a quest that could last for months at a time. He didn't know me but I knew him.