XII

Asmith's Point of View

Two Weeks Later

After that night in the tent, Luke and I had been better. Although we didn't discuss the kiss, it was something that we both shared with each other. He had been acting odd these past weeks though. He seemed to lose focus and be lost in his own thoughts and it took him a moment to get back to me. I started to wonder if maybe he was beginning to remember things.

We ended up finding more half bloods after we left the hunters and led to camp half blood. I stayed outside the camp but Luke would come back and tell me how they welcomed him back. Everyone in camp was grateful that he was helping younger half bloods find here was to a safe home. He begged me every time we came back to go and join him, saying I was responsible for this as well. I never went with him though, mostly due to the fact that I didn't want to be questioned about the whole prophecy thing. That was Percy's destiny and I didn't want him thinking his destiny had been shaped by me.

I was waiting in the car at the bottom of the hill waiting for Luke to return. He had brought another kid back to camp. I was laying back with my eyes closed listening to music through my headphones. I was so focused on the music that I didn't here the car door open. I felt the car shift and opened my eyes only to see Luke sliding in.

"How did it go?" I asked him.

"How long have you known?" He asked me.

I looked at him confused. "What are you talking about Luke?"

"It wasn't a mistake that you found me on the pier that day after the battle was it. You knew exactly where I would be and you knew exactly what to say. You know I thought you I could trust you. But you lied to me this whole time," he said.

"Luke I have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me what is going on," I said.

"Asmith you know me but I don't remember you!" He yelled at me.

I was silent. "How did you find out?" I asked him.

"Chiron let something slip. He couldn't cover it up in time. He told me the truth. I guess it explains the memories that I've had for the past two weeks."

"What do you remember?" I asked him.

"Nothing specific. Just of someone else that came with Thalia, Annabeth and I. They reminded me of you before I actually knew it was you," he said. He looked hurt and furious all at the same time. I couldn't tell which was worse.

"Where does that leave us now?" I asked him.

"I want to remember you and us. I know we had something before Asmith."

"I've been looking into a way to get you to remember. The river Lethe in the Underworld takes away memory, but it has a split in it. The second one is very small. It can be used to remember but it's a very powerful thing. I don't ever know of someone living through the process. It's only be tried twice. My father thinks it could work, but he said it was going to be painful."

"Give it to me," he said.

"Luke you don't understand. You could die," I told him. I didn't want to lose him.

"I don't care. I'm going to live through it. I've survived worse," he said.

I thought about for a moment. If I let him try to recover his memory then he could die, but I could also bring him back. He had a right to know about our past, his past. "Fine, but I'm taking you to my place so that I can take care of you if something goes wrong," I told him.

He nodded and then did something unexpected. He took my hand in his and squeezed it slightly. "I trust you Asmith. I know you won't let anything go wrong."