XI

Asmith's Point of View

"Fuck," I said out loud. I was unwrapping the bandages from where the hydra had gotten me. As I peeled away the wrapping I could see a good size gash that I knew would leave a large scar. Blood was still seeping out of it, and I could see burnt flesh on the outside. Guess the nectar didn't work fast enough to heal all this.

"Fuck," I said again and gritted my teeth in an effort to not scream out to loud. The last thing I needed was someone coming into the tent and seeing my bloody and weak. Weakness was something I absolutely hated. Being weak meant you could be broken and this dam cut was. It going to make me look weak. Not to mention I was only in a sports bra as well.

"Need some help?" Turning to the entrance of the tent, I saw Luke walking in. All of the pain I was feeling, disappeared and turned to anger towards Luke. I had to contain it, but holding back would not be good later.

"No I got this." This came out a little harsher than I had intended it to, but I assumed being in pain would mask anything.

"Here let me help." He knelt down next to me and started pulling away the last layer of bandages.

"I really don't need your help Luke, get out of here. I don't need you." My eyes burned with intensity as he looked at me.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked with a bewildered look on his face. "All I'm doing is trying to help you cause I know you got hurt! It's my fault you got hurt, now let me fix it," he yelled. He had ever yelled at me, even when we were kids. Yeah, we may have had disagreements but never like this.

"I don't need you! I'm sure Thalia would be willing to take your help!" My eyes went wide at what I said.

"What does Thalia have to do with any of this?" He said. His brow was furrowed in confusion.

"Don't play dumb Luke. Then again you might not be playing dumb, you might just be that way. I heard you and Thalia talking in her tent. You love her," I yelled at him. He looked stunned and hurt by my words. The thing is, I didn't feel bad about hurting him. If anything I wanted to hurt him just like he had hurt me. I enjoyed it, the feeling of being empowered over someone was great.

"You heard wrong," he said. His voice was flat, with no emotion in it at all.

"Tell me them. What did you say?" He sat there looking at me for a moment, as if he was debating what he was gonna say next.

"Screw it," he said, and before I could ask what he meant, his lips crashed on mine. I tensed up up automatically but relaxed and kissed him back.

We broke away after a moment, breathless. "I did love Thalia as a friend. But I have feelings for you to Asmith," he said.

"Luke I-"

"Just tell me, do you feel anything for me. Yes or no?" He asked.

"Yes,I do."