chapter three

—————————————————————

Birmingham, 1909

"Muuum! Hurry!"

Katarina rolled her eyes while changing her youngest child's clothes after he had had an accident. She regretted waking Isabella up by telling her they were eating lunch at the Matthews', she should've known that Isabella wouldn't be able to contain her excitement.

"Muuuuum!" Isabella was impatiently waiting by the door. She had been ready to go for the past five minutes but her mum had been taking ages to come downstairs.

"I'm changing Finn's clothes. I'll be down soon."

"He shouldn't be peeing himself if he can't change himself. It's just stupid." Isabella quietly muttered and made her way to the couch where John was laying, supposed to be doing homework. John let out a quiet laugh hearing what she had muttered and opened his arms as an invitation for the young annoyed girl to lay with him.

"Johnny if you peed yourself, you would know how to change your pants on your own right?" Isabella had laid belly down on John's stomach, and leaned her head on her arms so she could look at her brother.

"I don't pee my pants Bella."

"But if you did."

"I don't."

"But what if?"

"There's no what if. I don't."

"Ugh come on. It's a hypothetical Johnny."

"You learned a new word. Eh?."

"Yes I read a book about the people who thought the earth was flat and how they were proven wrong. It was very cool because those people were very dumb, even dumber than Arthur."

"Really? How were they proven wrong?" The question made Isabella excitedly sit up, and start jumping a bit, on John's stomach to start explaining what she had read.

"So there was Aristotle, who was a Greek philosopher who lived in the year 384-322 before christ. Which first of all means he was alive way before Jesus, that's crazy, and he was born two thousand two hundred and ninety-three years ago which is also super crazy, because he was closer to the dinosaurs than we are." Isabella waved her hand dismissively to get back on track from her slight ramblings.