8 - And tell your friend he's next in line

TW: Eating disorder mentioned and discussed explicitly

I don't usually put trigger warnings at the top of chapters since I already put them in the disclaimer, but I still wanted to give you guys a heads up before you read the chapter. As someone who had body image issues for quite a long period of their life, this is personally going to be quite self-indulgent. Reminder: eating disorders are a complex health issue and there are many types of eating disorders, so this is only one representation of it!

----------------------

"I'm surprised at how clean everything is," Sunoo commented as he walked into the room.

The entire room was so pleasing to look at, with everything being placed perfectly and properly. Not to mention that there wasn't a single sign of mess anywhere. 

"You can thank Sunghoon for that. He won't let us live if everything isn't spotless." Heeseung chuckled as he watched Sunoo explore his room. 

"I'm assuming he's that one who called himself 'Jake's boyfriend'?" Sunoo asked with a raised eyebrow, a playful smile tugging his lips. 

Heeseung nodded with a smile and sat down at his desk, a few metres away from where Sunoo had situated himself on his bed. Heeseung had to stop himself from letting his mind get carried away, but he couldn't help the soft blush that appeared on his face when Sunoo relaxed on his bed comfortably.

"Should we start working?" Sunoo asked and Heeseung cleared his throat and he nodded with a smile. 

They began to work on the assignment, discussing what they both had in mind and the entire time Sunoo spoke, Heeseung couldn't help but be in awe of the younger. The pink-haired male spoke passionately and happily and his energy radiated to Heeseung who also felt motivated to work on the assignment.

Soon their conversation died down as they both had clear ideas of what they wanted to do for their parts of the assignment and they got to work. Heeseung had started playing some music in the background and at random moments Sunoo and Heeseung would catch each other humming the same parts of the song and they would make eye contact, only for them to look away immediately with blushes on their faces. 

Sometimes Sunoo would look up to steal a few glances from Heeseung, only to become a flustered mess when he noticed the older's eyes already on him with a longing look in them. This carried on for a few hours as both males were working diligently until a knock on the door startled the two males who stopped doing their work. 

Heeseung rubbed his eyes and Sunoo rose up from lying on his stomach and stretched his arms out with a yawn. Both he and Heeseng had become so immersed in their work they didn't realise how long it had been. Heeseung got up to answer the door while Sunoo looked over his sketch with a satisfied smile on his lips. 

The dark-blue-haired male came back after closing the door and sitting next to Sunoo on the bed. "That was Jake, asking about dinner." He explained and Sunoo nodded, still looking over his artwork. 

He wanted it to be absolutely perfect and he was glad it looked exactly how he pictured it. He wasn't really focusing on what Heeseung was saying until he heard the few words which he had been trying to avoid hearing all day. 

"What do you want to eat?" Heeseung asked and Sunoo froze. He didn't expect the question, but he knows he should have since he didn't see Heeseung eat anything the entire day. 

"Ah no, I'm alright, thanks." Sunoo smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes, making Heeseung frown. 

"You didn't answer my question." He said in concern and Sunoo panicked internally.