4 - The Aftermath

Oh boy the angst is setting in
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madeleine coughs and gasps, trying to recover.

Slowly, leaning on the tree, he stands up.

The monster roars, swiping at Espresso, who levitates to avoid the attack.

Raspberry targets the monster's eye. Espresso and Mint Choco start aiming their basic attacks at the eye as well.

Espresso gets slammed onto the ground. Herb rushes over to heal him.

Raspberry defeats the monster, then looks around, "Where did Madeleine get launched?"

Espresso sits up, pointing in a direction, "That way?"

Raspberry and Mint Choco run in that direction to find Madeleine.

Espresso looks at Herb, "We should follow them."

Herb is still healing him, "In a few seconds."

Madeleine is leaning on the tree. His breathing is shaky.

Something moves in front of him. He raises his sword, though it's wavering.

Raspberry and Mint Choco step out of the shadows, "Madeleine, it's us."

Madeleine drops his sword, "Are.. others ok?"

They nod. Mint Choco looks back, "They should be on their way soon. Espresso got hurt."

Madeleine gasps, trying to stand on his own, "Espresso's hurt??"

He stumbles, then leans on the tree again.

Raspberry nods, "He should be ok now. Herb immediately went to heal him."

More movement in the trees. Espresso rushes over to Madeleine, Herb just behind him.

Herb makes Madeleine lay down, then starts healing him.

Madeleine looks up at Espresso, then smiles, "You are alright?"

"Yes. Why are you smiling?"

"I am glad you all are safe."

Once Herb is done, Madeleine sits up.

He leans on the tree while standing up, then stretches, "Are we heading home?"

Espresso checks the list, "We have one last thing to get."

Madeleine picks up his sword, but uses magic to levitate his shield.

The group walks back to the campsite. Espresso finds the last thing they need, then turns to the rest, "We can pack up and leave, which we should do as quickly as possible."

They take down their tents, make sure everything is packed on the balloon, then leave.

Madeleine is sitting on the basket floor, smiling and polishing his sword.

*+*When they get home*+*

Everyone is waiting for them. Madeleine hops out and anchors the balloon, then smiles and waves to the crowd, who cheer.