6- Two Cookies Captured

Espresso groans, opening his eyes. Everything is blurry. Probably because he doesn't have his glasses.

He tries to rub his eyes, but his hands are tied behind his back.

He hears Madeleine yelling at someone, "You insulted my hair!"

Licorice rolls his eyes, "Well your hair is dirty! That's all I pointed out!"

"My hair is dirty because you pushed me into the mud!"

"Well we had to kidnap you!"

Espresso interrupts, "Why do you want Madeleine?"

Licorice crosses his arms, "That is none of your business."

Madeleine asks, "Why did you kidnap Espresso as well?"

"Bat-Cat was hungry so we were getting food when Espresso walked in. We can't have him telling the others."

Poison Mushroom asks, "Are we.. almost home..?"

Licorice looks around, "Hmm. We'll be home soon, don't worry."

Poison Mushroom reaches up for Licorice, "Carry..?"

Licorice sighs, handing his scythe to one of his licorice minions. He picks up Poison Mushroom, who smiles and closes their eyes.

Madeleine is still upset, "You had better have some way for me to wash my hair."

Espresso rolls his eyes, "Is that all you think about? Your looks?"

"My hair must be perfect."

It doesn't take long for them to reach their destination.

Licorice tells Choco Werehound and Bat-Cat to wait just inside the entrance while he goes and puts Poison Mushroom in their room, since they fell asleep on the walk.

Licorice comes back a bit later, picking up his scythe, "Alright, let's go."

They approach Pomegranate, who's looking in her mirror. Choco Werehound drops Espresso and Madeleine on the ground, "Caught cookies!"

Pomegranate looks up, "Oh, why is that one also here?"

Licorice looks at Espresso, "He saw us just before we left."

Pomegranate walks closer to Espresso, who leans away. She taps her chin, "Hmm.. Well, he could be useful. You did better than expected.. for once..."

Licorice smiles, "Will Dark Enchantress be proud?"

Pomegranate nods, stepping away, "Take them both to one of the magic-proof cells."

Licorice nods, "Of course!"

Espresso and Madeleine are thrown into the same somewhat small cell, now with their hands free. Licorice tosses Espresso's glasses on the floor.

He closes the door and locks it, "Enjoy your stay. Don't try to do magic or you'll get electrocuted."

Madeleine stands up, "What about my hair?!"