12- The Collapse

WARNING: Madeleine is a bit suicidal at one point (he gets better, don't worry)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*+*A week later*+*

Today was supposed to be a peaceful day.

Today was supposed to be a perfect day.

Madeleine is fighting Licorice. Other cookies are fighting against the monsters and a few are tackling the other Cookies of Darkness.

Madeleine already has a ton of cuts. His chest plate was knocked off. His clothes are torn and stained with his own blood.

There's bruises on his face and he has blood trickling from his nose.

Licorice screams, "WHY WON'T YOU STOP FIGHTING?!"

Madeleine smiles more, "I will protect these cookies.. No matter the cost."

Madeleine is crying in his head, "Please stop.. I'm going to DIE if you don't st-"

"SHUT UP!"

Licorice takes a step back, looking genuinely concerned for a second, "Seriously... Why won't you stop? I knocked off your chestplat-"

Madeleine swings his sword, barely missing Licorice, who yelps and jumps back. He slices across Madeleine's chest reflexively.

Madeleine ignores how much Madeleine's body is shaking, "Go on. Finish the job, cowaa-"

Madeleine is torn out of Madeleine's mind and body by a spell.

Madeleine falls to his knees, shaking more, "-aaaow.."

He starts crying as the pain gets worse.

"Div.. Divines KILL ME NOW!!"

Licorice takes a step back, "Wh- What??"

Madeleine clasps his hands together, bowing his head, sobbing, "Ple- ease! Every- thing HURTS!"

Espresso runs over to him. Pure Vanilla and Vanilla Cupcake are further behind, being blocked by monsters.

Espresso sits next to Madeleine, "Mads!"

Madeleine tightly grips Espresso's sleeves, trembling while looking up at him, "Espresso please kill.. Kill me please. Please. There's too much.. It hurts too much. Help me. Kill me."

"I- Mads I can't- Pure Vanilla will be here as soon as they get past those monsters-"

Madeleine's breathing is getting shakier, "KILL ME!"

Pure Vanilla rushes over. Licorice turns around, ordering the nearby monsters to leave the three cookies alone.

Pure Vanilla starts healing Madeleine, who's still trembling and sobbing, begging for death.

While his chest is being healed, he passes out in Espresso's arms.

Pure Vanilla is extremely concerned, "How was he still standing?!"