7- Planning

'Madeleine' sets down the sword and shield, walking over to 'Espresso', "You're just lucky Espresso rarely left the house."

'Espresso' grins, "Oh yeah, how's smiling all the time going for ya?"

"Horrible."

'Espresso' laughs at him. 'Madeleine' growls, "We have to go on a walk tomorrow, so you'd better act like Espresso."

'Espresso' waves his hand, "Don't worrryyy! It'll be fiiiinne! You can leave now."

'Madeleine' facepalms, "I hate you."

He turns around and does the same fake smile as Madeleine before walking outside.

Even later in the afternoon, when he gets home, he says goodbye to Angel and goes inside.

He closes the door behind himself, then leans on it, holding a hand against his head. He isn't smiling, "How did Madeleine do this every single day?!"

*+*Wintertime!*+*

Madeleine and Espresso, the real ones, are still in the cell.

Madeleine has been deteriorating more and more. His hair is a mess, he's been sleeping less, his clothes are torn and dirty, and currently he's laying on the floor staring at the ceiling.

Espresso isn't doing too good either, but not as bad as Madeleine. He's sitting next to him.

Madeleine looks over at Espresso, "I don't.. I don't think they're coming to save us..."

"Well yeah, it's been two and a half months."

Pomegranate pushes open the squeaky door.

Madeleine sits up, shuffling closer to Espresso.

Pomegranate says, "They have all forgotten about you both. No one is coming to save you."

Espresso glares at her.

Pomegranate asks, "Are you both ready to give up?"

Espresso crosses his arms, "No."

Madeleine is silent.

Espresso looks at him, "Madeleine?"

He doesn't respond.

Pomegranate holds out her hand, "Madeleine, are you ready to join us?"

Espresso puts a hand on Madeleine's shoulder.

Madeleine snaps out of his thoughts and looks at Pomegranate, who says, "You won't be harmed if you join us."

Madeleine reaches out and grabs her hand, standing up.

Espresso stares at him, "Madeleine..?"

Pomegranate chuckles, pulling Madeleine over to the door, "I'm glad you've decided to join us."

Madeleine looks back at Espresso just before the door closes.

Espresso gets up and runs to the door, tears at the edge of his eyes, "Madeleine what are you doing?!"