11- It's All Coming Together

*+*Very Early Spring*+*

Espresso falls back in his chair, holding a book from the Vanilla Kingdom's library, "What are we going to do?!"

Vanilla Cupcake looks up from his book, "Maybe we should ask someone who knows a lot about magic? Like maybe Pure Vanilla knows something."

"But Madeleine wouldn't want too many people knowing..."

Vanilla Cupcake puts a bookmark in the book before slamming it shut and walking over to Espresso, "If we don't figure this out, there might not even BE a Madeleine who could be upset at you! If we're gonna figure this out, we HAVE to involve more people!"

Espresso stares at him, "But- But he-"

"Espresso!"

Espresso goes quiet, then sighs, "No.. You're right. How do we get to the Vanilla Kingdom to talk to him without whatever's controlling Madeleine being suspicious? He constantly checks on me. Plus, I promised not to tell any cookies."

Vanilla Cupcake's ears perk up slightly, "But I didn't! And I'm not a cookie but that doesn't matter right now. I can go talk to Pure Vanilla! The curse-possession-whatever isn't concerned about me, so he won't notice!"

Espresso stands up, "You'll do that?"

"Of course! I can leave right after I pack!"

Espresso nods, "Please?"

"Yep! I'll go now! Do you want me to return the library books since I'm going to the Vanilla Kingdom?"

"Yes, that would be nice."

Vanilla Cupcake takes all the library books and leaves. Espresso stretches, then goes into his kitchen to make some more coffee.

Vanilla Cupcake runs past Madeleine, who's on his patrol. Madeleine smiles and waves, "Good afternoon, Vanilla Cupcake!"

"Good afternoon! I have to return some library books, so no time to chat, sorry!"

"Ah, alright! Have fun!"

Vanilla nods, continuing home.

Madeleine wants to stop smiling, "When are we going home?"

Madeleine looks up at the clocktower, "Oh, in a minute, don't worry."

Madeleine stares at the clock.

"... How can you read that from here? It's so far away and blurry..."

Madeleine turns and starts heading in the general direction of Madeleine's home, "Why would it being far away have anything to do with it being blurry?"

"Things get blurrier when they're farther away."

"No??? Whatever gave you that dumb idea?"

"They get blurry when they're far away!"

He stops near his house, looking around. Madeleine stares at a random person far away, "Who's that?"