The Truth

#LYTheTruth

Nina's now in her office. She came first before Pilla did. She was startled when someone knocked on the door. "Come in," she said. The former are shocked by who entered her office. "Uh--Pilla. How are you?" Nina asked. Pilla smiled and came closer to her, "I'm fine
I enjoyed it so much." she flirtatiously said.

Nina didn't know what to reply. "Do you have coffee in here? Wala na kasi sa pantry e." Pilla asked. "Ah, wala na e. Hindi pa 'ko nakakabili." Nina replied without looking at her.

Pilla thanked her and then left.

--

"She hasn't called me yet." thoughts crossed Nina's mind. She called Rea right away and she answered.

"Hey, you said you're gonna call me. Kumain ka na ba? It's lunchtime na." Nina asked. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to call you kasi nandito si Marc." Rea replied.

"Your ex?" Nina asked. "Oo, sya. Yung ex ko bago ko mapangasawa si Miko." she whispered the next sentence.

"Anong ginagawa nya dyan? It's rare ha, to be visited by your ex sa house." Nina said. "Oo nga e. Ewan ko ba. Tawagan nalang kita ulit later, bye." Rea ended the call and talked to Marc again.

It's 6 p.m. and Rea texted Nina to inform her that Marc has left her house. The former invited her to dinner, the latter then agreed and went to her residence.

Nina's parking her car and realizes that the car in front of her isn't Rea's. "Who's here?" she thought.

The door's open but she still knocked and called Rea. She was not in the living room so she went to the kitchen and saw Rea together with Marc. "Hey" she faked a smile.

"Nina!" Rea beso her and said, "Sorry, nakalimutan kasing kunin ni Marc yung binake ko and he insisted to eat here nalang." Nina nodded and asked Marc, "Is it delicious?" Marc nodded, "Of course, si Rea pa ba."

Rea invited Nina to also taste her cake. Nina gladly joins them while deep inside, she's annoyed.

"So how are you guys doing? I thought mag-isa nalang dito si Rea so pinuntahan ko sya to join her eat dinner sana." Nina broke the silence. "Ah, I'm fine naman. Single. Uh, I just visited Rea since ilang years na rin kaming di nagkikita." Marc replied. Rea's just eating and observing the two.

"Visiting? Is it necessary as an ex-boyfriend to visit his ex? Sorry, I just don't understand it. Is this a closure or something?" Nina said with a serious face looking at him.

Rea tapped her since she was sitting beside Nina. Nina didn't care and didn't take her eyes away from Marc. He chuckled, "Uh, No. I explained things to her na naman before she even got another boyfriend after me."

They all finish their food and Marc left the house. Nina and Rea started eating their dinner and the former's quiet.

As they finished their food, Nina went to the living room and watched television.

Nina isn't looking at Rea. The latter noticed that the former was distant from her. After cleaning the plates, she went to Nina and said, "Do you have a problem? Do WE have a problem?" She emphasized the pronoun 'we'.

"Wala," Nina replied. "Kung wala bakit iniiwasan mo 'ko tsaka di ka makasagot nang maayos?" Rea replied with a serious face and tone.

Nina ignored her last statement which made Rea annoyed. "How can she ignore me? May nagawa ba akong mali?" Rea went to the backyard teary-eyed.

Nina followed her as she realized that she was hurting Rea's heart. She saw Rea cleaning the backyard. "Hey. I'm sorry," Nina went closer to her and hugged her.

"Bakit ka naman kasi hindi namamansin? Ikaw nga 'tong nakasakit sa akin e." Rea replied while sobbing.

"Ha? Anong ginawa ko sayo?" Nina asked. Rea  parted their hug and said, "Wala, never mind." She fixed herself. "What do you mean wala? Say it, Rea. Don't be shy." Nina said.

Rea sighed and said, "Okay. Nung nasa bar kayo ni Pilla. I called you, right?" Nina nodded. "She said na nasa club kayo but hindi nya alam kung anong pangalan but I immediately figured out its name. So I went to see you guys but ang nadatnan ko ay paghahalikan nyo. Nina, I felt numb when I saw you guys kissing each other." Rea tried to stop herself from crying but she couldn't control it.

"What? You know naman na hindi ko alam yung ginagawa ko, tsaka ikaw yung kaibigan ko and 'yung mga gawain na 'yun hindi naman ginagawa ng magkaibigan." Nina said.

"Yes! 'yun nga e, magkaibigan lang tayo. Hindi ako nagseselos bilang kaibigan, can't you see? Nagseselos ako dahil mahal kita higit pa sa pagiging kaibigan! Nina, sa loob ng 28 taon ng buhay ko, pitong taon kang laman ng puso ko." She cried non-stop.

Nina got shocked by what just Rea said. Rea is about to leave but Nina stopped her by holding her wrist.

"Nina, please, let me go," Rea said while crying. "You love me?" Nina said. "Nina ano ba, bitawan mo na 'ko." The latter didn't let go of her hand, "Rea! Answer me! Do. you. love. me?!" she started crying.

"Oo! Mahal na mahal kita. Sobra sobra" Rea replied and can't stop crying. Nina pulled her and kisses her lips. Rea parted their lips as she got confused about what Nina is doing.

Rea looked at her, confused like she is waiting for an answer. The latter looked at her and said, "I love you too, Rea. This is not just a friendly love but more than that. Sa loob ng 29 taon ng buhay ko, walong taon kang laman ng puso ko"  she's smiling while crying.

Rea went closer to her and kissed her passionately until they can't breathe.

Pagkatapos ng ilang taon, nasabi na rin ng dalawa ang kanilang totoong nararamdaman sa tamang pagkakataon.