Circumstances

#LYCircumstances

Nina went to their residence to grab clothes but her father wanted her to stay for one night. She called Rea to inform her about it.

"Hun, Hindi muna ako makakatulog dyan. Gusto kasi ni papa na dito muna ako matulog e." Nina said. "Ah, okay lang. Ingat sa pag-uwi ha. Good night. I love you." Rea replied. "I love you too, Hun. Bye," she said and ended the call.

Nina was about to enter her room when she saw her step-father eating. "O pa. Bakit gising ka pa po?" Nina asked him. "Ah nagutom lang ako, ganto naman kapag matatanda e," he replied then laughed.

"Pa, kami na ni Rea." she smilingly said. "Talaga 'nak? Buti naman nagkaron ka na ng lakas ng loob." he smilingly replied. "I'm so happy, Pa. Thank you for your encouragement," she said and got teary-eyed. "Masaya ako para sa'yo anak," he said.

---

It's now 6 a.m. and Nina's step-father woke her up. "Good morning, nak." he greeted. "Mag-ayos ka na para makauwi ka kagad." he added. "Uwi?" she asked him. "Hindi ba tahanan ang turing mo sa kanya? Naku ka. Ako nga tahanan turing ko sa inay mo e," he replied and Nina chuckled.

---

Nina entered Rea's house and she can see her cooking. "Hun, good day!" the former greeted and kissed the latter's cheeks. "Hun, ang aga mo makauwi ha. Akala ko tatanghaliin ka e," the latter replied.

"Uwi?" Nina asked her. Rea faced her, "Oo, bakit? Hindi mo ba ako tinuturing na tahanan?" Rea asked her. The former chuckled after remembering her conversation with her step-father earlier. "Syempre oo." the former sincerely replied.

They're now eating their breakfast. "Hun, can I ask you something?" Rea asked her. "Yes, go ahead," Nina replied. "Gagawin mo pa rin ba yung gusto ng kapamilya mo kahit na ilang beses ka na nyang nasaktan?" she asked without looking at her.

"If that can make me happy naman, kung nasa tamang side ako at kung napatawad ko na sya, why not?" Nina stated and got confused why Rea had to ask her about it.

"Si Papa kasi, may pinakilala sakin. Si Victor and---" Rea's interrupted because of Nina. "Liligawan ka nya nang isang buwan tapos magpapakasal kayo. ganon ba?" Nina looked at her.

"Oo. But you know naman na I won't marry him, right?" Rea caressed her cheek and Nina held her hand then nodded.

They heard the doorbell. "Wait, tingnan ko lang." Rea left to see who the person was.

"Good day ma'am. Bouquet po from Victor Guevarra, papirmahan nalang po ito," the florist says and showed her the paper. "Ah sige, salamat," she said.

She went back inside and put the bouquet on the side table.

"Sino 'yun, Hun?" Nina asked her as she sit. "Ah, florist. May nagpadala lang ng bouquet." Rea answered her.

"Kanino raw galing?" Nina has done eating. "Kay Victor," Rea continued eating.

"Bakit mo tinanggap?" she asked as she placed her plate on the side of the sink. "Nakakahiya sa tao. Nag-effort magpadala ng bulaklak e," she said and has also done eating.

Nina was about to exit the dining area when she stopped to say something. "Hun, mahirap at masakit umasa. Kung ayaw o gusto mo man sya, sabihin mo na," Nina said then left the room as Rea washed their plate.

Rea went to the living room and sat beside Nina. "Are you mad at me?" the former asked while the latter's texting. The latter put down her cellphone and held her hands. "Hun, I am not. Maybe my sadness is turning into anger. But I am not mad at you talaga. Naiinis ako sa sitwasyon kasi kailangan mo na naman magpakasal sa kahit hindi mo naman sya mahal," she explained herself.

"No, Nina. Hindi ko na hahayaan pang matuloy ang plano ni Papa. I love you and I will fight for you, Hun." Rea then hugged Nina as her tears started to fall.

Rea parted their hugged. "I know what you did 5 years ago. I haven't told you because I forgot but I remember what my Mama told me before ako makasal." Nina was confused, "Ha? Anong ginawa ko?" she creased her forehead. "You talked to Miko and bago sya maaksidente, sinabi nya na rin sakin 'yun."

Nina sighed, "I was so sad nung nalaman kong ikakasal ka na nung araw na 'yun. Nawalan kasi tayo ng communication kaya hindi ko alam nangyayari sa'yo. I didn't know why we weren't talking. I did that because I thought I could stop Miko from marrying you but he didn't say anything, Rea. He was just standing in front of me, he didn't even look at me," she says.

"I'm so sorry, Nina. I understand why Miko didn't say anything. It's because he was forced to marry me. Papa scared them, he says na kung hindi nya ako papakasalan, pagbabayaran nila lahat ng tinulong nya sa pamilya nila," Rea says.

"Ha? Ginawa 'yun ng Papa mo?" Nina cannot believe what she just heard. "Yes, and that breaks my heart," Rea replied.

"Bakit hindi mo ako kinausap nang mahigit isang buwan?" Nina asked. "He told me not to contact you anymore. I told my family that I love you more than friends and I didn't expect my father's reaction. He didn't want me to confess my love for you, Nina. He forced Miko to marry me so that we won't ever be together," Rea says as she was staring to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Hun. I did everything I can do to stop Miko from marrying you and I didn't understand him. Now I know everything," Nina says then she wiped off Rea's tears.

"I love you, okay? I won't marry someone else," Rea says. "Will you marry me?" Nina suddenly asked her. "A-are you sure?" the former asked. "What do you mean by that?" the latter asked.

"Uh--of course aayusin ko pa yung kay Papa. Ikaw, nagpapaunlad ka pa ng kumpanya. Do you think this is the right time?" Rea asked her then held Nina's hands.

Nina started to laugh. "Why?" Rea asked. "Anong nakakatawa dun?" she added.

"Hun, I'm just asking if you will marry me. I'm now saying na it will happen soon," Nina says. "Ah, linawin mo kasi," Rea says then took her hands away from Nina's.

Rea looked away while Nina's looking at her still.

"Will you marry me nga?" Nina asked again. "Of course, I will," Rea answered.

Nina made Rea face her then she kissed her lips.

I will always choose you.