Falling Apart

#LYFallingApart

The big family reunion will happen tonight. Nina and Rea have been preparing themselves for this event.

While preparing, Rea can see how nervous Nina is while doing her make up.

Rea neared her then hugged her from the back.

"Hon. Don't worry, okay? I won't leave you alone. I'll be right by your side...always."

Rea then kissed Nina's temple.

"Hon. Paano kung hindi nila tayo matanggap?"

Nina spoke then faced her.

"Do we need their approval? We only need are our fathers' approval."

"Don't be nervous. Nandito lang ako, okay?" she added.

Nina heaved a deep sigh.

They arrived at Mr. Legaspi's residence on time.

Nina saw unfamiliar and familiar faces.

The two were holding each other's hands which people immediately noticed as soon as they entered the room.

Nina parted their hands then Rea whispered.

"Bakit?"

"Doon ako uupo" Nina replied without waiting for Rea's reply then walked towards the table.

Rea was about follow her when Victor held her hand.

"Let go," she said.

"Tawag ka na ni Papa. Don't be stubborn na Rea." he replied sternly.

Rea didn't want to join him but Mr. Legaspi spoke to the family.

"Good evening, everyone. It's been a long time since we had a big reunion like this."

Victor's focus was transferred to Mr. Legaspi so Rea grabbed the chance to go to Nina's table.

Rea sat beside Nina and said, "Hon. I'm sorry. Aayusin ko 'to, I promise."

Nina didn't look at her, she was listening to Mr. Legaspi.

"I have an announcement to make since we're all here already."

Mr. Legaspi looked at Rea then spoke again, "My one and only daughter is now engaged!"

Rea was shocked upon hearing her father's last statement. She looked at Nina who was holding her tears back.

"Hon.." she said then held Nina's hand.

"Come here, anak. Join us as we celebrate your engagement." Mr. Legaspi said looking at Rea.

Victor neared their table then offered his hand to Rea.

Nina looked away then left.

"Stand up anak. Join us" Mr. Legaspi said as he can see Rea's hesitation.

Victor neared her ear then whispered, "Obey your father."

Rea didn't know what to do, she grabbed Victor's hand then walked to her father.

As the whole family was celebrating their 'engagement' she didn't say anything, she was holding her tears but failed to.

Her tears started to pour which Victor noticed but then he ignored her.

After the event, Rea decided to go straight to their house.

She's been calling Nina but she's not picking up the phone.