Birthdays

#LYBirthdays

Rea has been stressed since her company's sales descended. "Why is there no coffee in here?!" she shouted. "Here ma'am," said the secretary.

"I'm sorry, hindi dapat kita sinigawan. You can now leave." Rea felt guilty after shouting at her secretary.

It's 7 p.m. and her employees have already gone home. She sighed, "Hi, Miko. It's been a long day for me." she said as she looked at her late husband's picture.

She then left the building and went home. When she opened the door, Nina was laying down on her couch. "Hey! What are you doing here?" she sarcastically says. "Uhm...relaxing? I guess?"

Nina stands up and Rea runs to hug her. "I missed you so much, best." She sweetly says. "I missed you too, best. Let's eat na."

They are already at the dining table and Rea can see flowers, balloons, cake, chicken fillet, nuggets, a teddy bear, and wine. All of her favorites are there. "Happy birthday best!" Nina lively says. "Wow, best. Ikaw lang nag-prepare nitong lahat? Ang daming foods! Para sa'tin lang to?" she asked.

"Yes, best because you deserve only the BEST!". The former hugs her so tight hanggang sa hindi na siya makahinga. "Uh, best gusto ko pa mabuhay." they laughed.

They are now sitting opposite each other and eating. "Best, kumusta ang araw mo?" Nina asks. "Hay." Rea replied with a deep sigh. "Ewan ko ba, biglang bumaba yung sales tapos ang dami pang aberya."

Nina stares at her and Rea noticed. "Best, kung ano man 'yang tanong mo handa ako, sige na." Nina chortle and asks "Do you miss Miko?" Rea looks at her and cries. Nina stopped eating and hugged Rea.

"Hey, do you wanna sleep here?" Nina nodded. They are now sleeping facing each other.

---

It's now 6 a.m. Nina's already awake and Rea is still sleeping. "Hay, tapos na birthday mo. Parang ang bilis" Nina whispered facing Rea. "Oo nga e, tara, alis muna tayo." Nina got shocked, "Ikaw ha, akala ko talaga tulog ka." The latter giggled. "Okay, saan tayo?"

Rea insisted to drive and she drove to a park. "Best, parang ang boring naman dito." Nina said. Rea laughed, "Ano ka ba, minsan na nga lang tayo rito e. Don't you remember, dito tayo unang nagkita?"

Nina looked at her shocked. "What? Ito ba 'yun? Bakit parang ang daming nagbago?" Rea replied, "Paano ba naman kasi, puro pagt-trabaho ginagawa mo." Nina gave her a fake chuckle.

"Of course, I have to. I'm just starting my own company and I want to be at the same level as my love." Rea looked at her and says, "Sino ba kasi 'yan? Hindi mo naman sakin pinapakilala e." Nina faced her, "How can I introduce her to you when she doesn't love me as I want her to?" Rea looked away and thought about who that girl might be.

They just enjoyed the park and talked about the past. "Nina, thank you." Nina faced her and smiled. "You're the only one who celebrated my birthday. I owe you one" and winked.

------

Nina is now with her business partner. "Good morning Pips!" Nina greeted Pilla lively. "Good morning! So, I have a new suggestion regarding our clothing line. Why don't we use feathers? Let's focus on that and just make clothes with feathers."

Nina replied, "Feathers? Make it our tatak?" Pilla smilingly nodded. "Great idea, okay! Let's focus on that." she said.

Nina is now in her office and she got shocked when someone aggressively opened the door. "Mabuhay! Happy Birthday, Best!" Rea lively greeted her. "Oh, ikaw lang pala. Why can't you open the door pleasantly?" Nina chuckled.

"Won't I look like pleasing you if gagawin ko 'yun?" and there's silence in the room. Rea thought of "that's a good scenario" then came back into her senses "Uh--n-no, of course not." Rea closed the door and went closer to her. "Best, happy birthday! I am so happy to be your friend and thank you for also making me feel special. You also deserve only the best." Nina hugged her, "Don't you find it funny that our birthdays are just next to each other?" They both chuckled and parted their hug. 

Rea invited Nina to go to the mall and celebrate. "What are we doing here? We'll just eat?" Nina asked. The former replied, "of course, what are you expecting? we'll play?" she chuckled. The latter gave her an annoyed face sarcastically.

They ate at their favorite restaurant since they were little. "Thank you, best. I really appreciate this. But you know that I don't celebrate my birthday, right? It's just another day and it'll eventually end."

Rea gave her a serious face, "really? That's what you thought about your birthday? But when it's my birthday, you celebrate it. You also deserve to be celebrated. I love you, Nina. I hope that you can see how special you are and that you deserve to be celebrated not just on your birthday but every day."