Chapter 8

Will's Pov:

I did it. I told him. It felt like a lot of weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Mike wasn't saying anything. All of a sudden I felt arms wrapped around me. Mike was hugging me. He was hugging me. I started crying and he noticed.

"Hey hey, don't cry. It's okay. I- I think I might be.. gay.. but I know I definitely like you too." He said while rubbing circles on my back.

"Wait.. really?" I said hopefully. There's no way this was real. Was I dreaming this?

"Yeah. I think I have for awhile. I just suppressed it and tried to make it go away by convincing myself that I liked El. But I like you. I think it's always been you, Will." He said hugging me tighter then pulling away a few seconds later. I was at a loss for words. We were just staring at each other. Both of us had slowly started leaning in. OMG OMG OMG ITS HAPPENINGGGGG. Our lips were about to touch but then, my phone buzzed and it startled us and made us jump apart.

1 new message

Max: Hey, I think you should go through with the plan.

Me: I thought you said that it was too dangerous??? Also aren't El and Erica outside?

Max: Well, they went somewhere else to prepare the water with the salt for her to be in, so one of you needs to try and purposely get targeted by Vecna then El will get into whoever's mind. And defeat him. Pretty simple.

Me: Ok...

Well.. I really didn't want it to be Mike. I didn't want him to go through that. I've already been through so much so I can take it. I would do anything for Mike.

"Mike.. we're going through will that uh.. plan." I said while looking down, not wanting to look him in the eye.

"Oh... Well uh- I'll do it." He said getting up.

"Mike no!" I said grabbing his hand.

"Will..." He said with tears in his eyes.

"Mike, please. Let me do this. I don't want to see you get hurt. Please. I'll be okay. I promise." I said grabbing his other hand.

"Promise?" Mike said with a few tears running down his face.

"I promise. Crazy together, remember?" I said with tears now running down my face. He sniffled a bit.

"Yeah. Crazy together." He repeated. He hugged me once again.