Chapter 11

a/n: homophobia warning

Will's Pov:

I was sitting here just waiting. Waiting for El to save me, for this all to be over. I was scared. Really scared. I had just admitted my feelings to Mike and maybe gained him as more than just a best friend and I didn't want to say goodbye to all of that already.

It was kinda nice though, sitting here, remembering the good old days when we all used to get so excited over playing D&D. I really missed that. A lot.

All of a sudden, I heard something, something bad. I think Vecna was trying to find a way to get into this memory. I knew I couldn't hide here for long. Please hurry El.

El's Pov:

I was trying to find the memory that Will was hiding in. It wasn't very easy. Right now, I was in one of his memories, I could tell, it wasn't a good one. There was who I think was a younger Will who was getting pushed around by an older man.

"You're a fag!" The older man yelled. I didn't know who he was but, I already did not like him. I'm glad whoever he is doesn't seem to be around Will anymore.

"Lonnie please! Stop treating your kid that way!" A woman who I immediately recognized as Joyce yelled. That's when it hit me. That was Wills abusive father. Will had mentioned him once, but said he doesn't really talk about him much. I can see why.

"El! Have you found Will yet?" I heard Max say.

"No, not yet." I said back. I was getting worried. What if I wasn't able to find him in time? What if One actually kills him?

"Ok well do you see anything that seems out of place?" Max asked. I looked around. Everything seemed normal. Except, for this memory there was one thing that I thought didn't really make sense. Outside there was a table with what I think is that game that Will and the others love to play. I think it's D&D is what they call it.

"Yes, there's a table with a D&D game set up outside." I said back to Max.

"Ok, go to it to see if you can get to the memory." Max said.

"Ok." I said back. Time to save Will.