Chapter 3

Mike's Pov:

A couple minutes later, we got to the house. El was still pretty quiet and I honestly had no idea why or what she wanted to talk about. Everyone said their goodbyes to the adults then they drove off to go through the gate at Eddie's trailer. Everyone stood in front of the house, looking nervous. It was now or never. But first, I had to talk to El. I already saw her waiting off to the side with her arms crossed. That wasn't a good sign.

"Hey guys, I need to check on something with El real quick, But we'll be in there in a minute. Everyone nodded then continue walking up to the door to go inside. Once everyone was inside I decided to
speak up first.

"Soo what's up?" I asked smiling but on the inside I was a completely nervous wreck.

"Mike.. I know- I know.. I.." El tried to say, but was clearly struggling to find the right words.

"You know what?" I said carefully sounding a bit confused at what she was trying to tell me.

"I know you don't love me." She said looking me straight in the eyes. What did she mean? I- Of course I.. loved her.

"El, what do you mean, Of course I love you. After that painting that Will gave me that you reques-" I was saying but then she cut me off.

"No." was all she said.

"No what?" I asked sounding more confused then ever.

"I.. I never requested for him to make that painting, Mike." She said looking down but then back up at me. 

"But.. why would he lie about that?" I asked her. It just didn't make sense.

"You really are stupid, Mike. But.. We- we need to break up." She said with a single tear falling from her eye.

"But- but El- why- what- why??" I asked with worry in my voice. I didn't want to lose her.

"It is for the best." El said walking away from me, going into the house. I stood there confused. Why on earth would Will lie to me about the painting? If was such a great painting. I loved it. Why couldn't he say that it wasn't El's idea? What did he have to hide? That whole speech in the car about how I make El feel like she's not a mistake and how she doesn't want to lose me and will always need me and- oh. That speech... that speech.. he wasn't talking about El.

He was talking about himself.